Finally, Battlefield 2042 Beta is here and is available to preload on several platforms. Players can now preload Battlefield 2042 Open beta on Steam, ahead of its commencement on October 8, 2021. However, players can get their first hands-on game after the open beta commences on October 8, 2021.
Here is how you can pre-load the Battlefield 2042 Open Beta on Steam for PC:
- Login to your Steam account or on Steam Client.
- Go the search bar and search for Battlefield 2042.
- Visit the game’s pre-order page and scroll down to see the optin called ‘Join the Battlefield 2042 Open Beta now!‘ along with the ‘Request access’ button.
- Click on ‘Request Access’ and upon clickin it, a pop-message will appear which reads: ‘Click below to confirm your request to join. You’ll receive an email when the developer is ready for more participants‘.
- When you click on ‘Request Access‘ again, a new pop-up window will display that says ‘Access Granted.’
- Then, Click ‘OK‘ and then you will see ‘Play Now’ option.
- Once you click it, your PC will start pre-loading the game on your machine.
Battlefiled 2042 Open Beta Pre-Load Download Links
Battlefield 2042 open beta file size
The Battlefield open beta download size is 19.1GB, which is rather large and suggests the scope of what is to come! For Playstation and Xbox, the game weighs around 16GB.
The beta shall allow players to play on Battlefield’s classic sandbox mode – Conquest – with action based on flags instead of individual control positions. We’ll also view the Orbital map and encounter four of the Specialists: Webster, Maria, Pyotr, and Wikus.
Battlefield 2042 Open Beta release Schedule:
- Duration: October 5-10, 2021
- Oct 5: Downloads enabled for all players
- Oct 6-9: Early Access window (triggers Oct 6 at 3am ET/12 midnight PT/3pm HKT/9am CEST)
- Oct 8-9: Open Availability (triggers Oct 8 at 3am ET/12 midnight PT/3pm HKT/9am CEST)
- Oct 10, 3am ET/12 midnight PT/3pm HKT/9am CEST: Sunset
Read more about the Beta here.