On Wednesday, Badminton World Federation said that the Danish government extended its ban on large gatherings in the country until the end of August. Thomas and Uber Cup Finals in Aarhus, Denmark will be held from Oct. 3-11.
Due to the Novel Coronavirus outbreak which has infected more than 3.11 million people globally causing over 216,000 deaths. The International tournament has been scheduled to take place from May 16-24, had been postponed to August 15-23.
Earlier this month, large gathering will be banned and BWF said that the government took a step for the protection of the people from the virus.
“Our main priority is the health, safety and wellbeing of athletes, staff, volunteers, judges and the entire badminton community,” BWF Secretary General Thomas Lund said.
“We are confident that we can stage a safe and successful championships on the new dates of October 3-11 while all the time monitoring the situation should things change,” the statement added.
The Danish Government cleared that hosting a big event like Thomas and Uber Cup Finals before September would be difficult.
The Badminton Season was suspended and several events were either cancelled or postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic. This step is taken for the protection of the players and the people’s