Valorant is a very popular game with a massive player base. Some players may have faced the DiretX Runtime Error. Therefore, in this article we take a look at DirectX Runtime Error in Valorant.
The DirectX Runtime Error has been a constant issue for the game since its release. Even till this date, players may often face this issue when starting the game. This error is generally caused by the graphics card driver, which may need an update or reinstallation.
The Valorant DirectX fix can be done in very simple steps which are listed down below. Here’s how to fix DirectX Runtime Error in Valorant.
How to fix DirectX Runtime Error in Valorant
These are the steps to DirectX Runtime Error in Valorant:
DirectX Runtime Error in Valorant is caused by a variety of reasons. This issue generally takes place due to a old version of DirectX in the PC. To update it players can follow these steps:
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard and search for ‘Check for Updates’.
- This will take you to the Windows Update page where you can download the update.
- You will also need to install the latest version of DirectX from here.
Uninstall Riot Vanguard
Players need to uninstall Riot Vanguard to perform the Valorant DirectX fix. Riot Vanguard is the anti-cheat for the game and bars some fixes from interfering.
To do this follow these steps:
- Click on “Windows” and a menu will appear.
- Search for “Add or Remove Programs” in the search box.
- In the search menu, search for ‘Riot Vanguard’.
- Click on the app and click on ‘Uninstall’.
- Confirm the process to remove the Vanguard.
However, players don’t need to worry, players can reinstall the Riot Vanguard in the Valorant update.
Updating the Graphics Drivers
Fix DirectX Runtime Error: NVIDIA
- First of all you need to go to the Windows menu and navigate to the NVIDIA control panel.
- Select the Updates option and enable and disable the NVIDIA update. Click on the Automatically check for updates box and disable it and then enable it.
- Select the option of how often the update automatically takes place.
- Enable and disable the system tray balloon notifications. To disable remove the check from the Notify Me box.
- Enable and disable the beta driver notifications from the checkbox.
- lastly you can disable or enable the automatic game and program profiles, including SLI.
Valorant DirectX fix: NVIDIA GeForce
- Search NVIDIA GeForce Experience in the Windows menu.
- Find it and open it. After that click on Drivers.
- Click on ‘Check for Updates’.
- Download the update and click Install.
- Finish the procedure by click on Next and Finish.
Fix DirectX Runtime Error: AMD Graphics
- First of all open the AMD Driver and Support Page and go to the Auto-Detect and Install Updates for Radeon™ Graphics and Ryzen™ Chipset Drivers for Windows®.
- Click on the Download Now option and begin downloading the Driver Auto-detect tool.
- After Downloading, run the file from the Save folder.
- Click on Install and the setup will start.
- Click on Next after the process is finished.
- Lastly you need to restart your PC and Reinstall Valorant.
After updating and installing the new graphics card drivers, simply restart the PC and run Valorant. The Riot Vanguard will be downloaded automatically. These are the steps to fix DirectX Runtime Error in Valorant.