Peacekeeper Elite League, one of the biggest tournament of PUBG Mobile held for the Chinese players is all set to kick off the tournaments of this year with PEL 2022 Spring Season. Tencent has revealed the teams and more changes that will be seen this year.
For PEL 2022 Spring Season, there has been a significant change in the points system of the tournament and not only that, the number of seasons that will be played this year has been reduced to two. Tencent has been making alterations to the existing system since the last season when the airborne deployment rules were changed. Let us now look at the necessary details of the tournament.
PEL 2022 Spring Season: Teams
A total of 21 teams will be seen participating in PEL 2022 Spring Pre-season. These Chinese teams have been divided into three groups containing 7 teams each. Here is how the team division has been made.
- Show Time
- Still Moving Under Gunfire
- JD Esports
- LGD Gaming
- All Gamers
- Regan S Gaming
- Pero Esports
- Thunder Talk Gaming (Team Game)
- Vision Esports
- Nova XQF
- Six Two Eight
- Titan Esports Club
- The Chosen
- J Team
- Team Weibo
- Tong Jia Bao Esports
- ACT Gaming
- KONE (RNG)
- Four Angry Men
- Team Pai
Format and Schedule
PEL 2022 Spring Season commences from March 4th and concludes on May 22nd, 2022. The tournament will be played in four stages which have been mentioned below.
1) Pre Season: The pre-season of this tournament will be a three days affair that will conclude on March 6th. Players will play the matches in a round robin format.
- Top six teams qualify to Weekly Finals- Week 1
- Rest 15 teams will proceed towards Breakout-Week 1
2) Regular Season: This stage will begin from March 10th and finally conclude on April 17th which means the tournament will run for over a month. The regular season is further divided into two stages.
- Breakout (Day 1): The bottom six teams of the previous week and bottom nine teams from the previous weekly finals will compete together. However, the Breakout Day of the first week of regular season will consist of teams from the pre-season.
- Weekly Finals: Weekly finals will take place for three days and will feature the six teams from previous week’s finals and nine teams from the breakout day. Top six teams will proceed towards the next weekly finals whereas remaining teams will play the week’s breakout. Weekly Finals will contribute to the Regular point standings of the teams.
3) Playoffs: The Playoffs of PEL 2022 Spring Season will be played from April 28th-May 8th,2022. Matches will be played for eight days in total where 15 teams will qualify for the Grand Finals.
4) Finals: The Grand Finals will commence from May 19th and the tournament will finally conclude on May 22nd,2022. Teams will be given head start points from their playoffs and 20 matches will be played in the finals.
Points distribution and prize pool
- 1st Place- 10 points
- 2nd Place- 6 points
- 3rd Place- 5 points
- 4th Place- 4 points
- 5th Place – 3 points
- 6th Place – 2 points
- 7th Place- 1 point
- 8th Place- 1 point
- 9th to 15th Place- 0 points
Instead of the previous system where the winning team was provided with 12 points, PEL 2022 Spring Season will provide the players with 10 points which implies that a fierce battle will occur in the battlegrounds. The prize pool for this year has been set at $4,347,419 USD.
Most of the PUBG Mobile tournaments for this year have been started with huge prize pools. PEL 2022 will be worth watching as teams will compete for the trophy under a new point system and TPP mode.