Star Wars Jedi Survivor Patch Notes 4: from improvements to ray tracing to fixing various bugs, know everything
No more annoying glitches after the new update...
Star Wars Jedi Survivor Patch Notes 4 (Respawn)
Respawn and EA Sports announced Star Wars Jedi Survivor patch 4 earlier today, May 9th, 2023, for consoles (launching today) and for PC (later this week). In this new update, Respawn looks to address the game crash issue and low frame rates, even on high-end PCs.
Since its release, the game has had a mixed start. People complain a lot about frame drops and glitches. This new patch is already the fourth update since Jedi Survivor went live on April 28, 2023.
Jedi Survivor is the sequel to Star Wars: Fallen Order and is set five years after Cal Kestice tries to collect all the Jedi remnants to fight the empire.
The new update addresses performances issues
Source Star Wars Jedi Survivor
As previously mentioned, this new patch 4 will fix and improve key elements that will make Jedi Survivor better as a whole. The update will be available for PS5 and Xbox Series X/S starting today. However, PC users should rejoice, as the bulk of the improvements are aimed at them. Although they will have to wait until this weekend for the update to finally arrive. It will include ray tracing improvements, and moreover, it fixes annoying bugs in the game, including Rayvis getting invisible late in the game. Besides the performance issues, it will also deal with the easier implementation of HDR on the PlayStation 5 console.
Star Wars Jedi Survivor Patch Notes 4
Here are all the details and changes that players will see after the update to Star Wars Jedi Survivor patch 4
- (PC only) Updated occlusion behavior for raytracing, reducing idle time stalls.
- (PC only) Updated streaming budgets will help alleviate traversal hitching.
- (PC only) Performance improvements for some VFX.
- Coming soon to console
- (PC only) Updated data handling when toggling raytracing, improving non-raytraced performance.
- (PS5 only) Fixed an HDR value mismatch that would cause HDR setups to display incorrectly for PS5 users.
Bug fixes and server issues addressed
- Fixed various save state errors.
- Fixed a streaming issue that causes some streaming scenarios to end on a black screen.
- Fixed an issue where one of the vents did not properly activate in Stone Spires.
- Audio fix for a narrative moment where music was behaving incorrectly.
- Fixed lightsaber marks not displaying correctly in some scenarios.
- Fixed a scenario where the player could enter a progression-blocked state in the Lucrehulk.
- Fixed an elevator to prevent the player from falling through it and entering a progression-blocked state.
- Fixed a bug where Rayvis would become unbeatable.
- Fixed a severe animation issue that would break a late-game narrative sequence.
- Fixed a collision bug where players can get stuck inside a Meditation Chamber.
- Added a note explaining that some of BD-1’s abilities are not available while in combat.
- Improved text scrolling.
- Minor text translation fixes.
- Various crash fixes.
More work continues
Additionally, here are a few other improvements that Respawn is working to improve which may drop in future updates/DLC
- (PC only) Improving performance on newer i7 and i9 CPUs that have efficiency cores.
- (PC only) General performance improvements to improve both CPU and GPU utilization while reducing idle time, both with and without raytracing.
- (PC only) Improving some hitching which can be attributed to streaming raytracing data, assets, and a gap in our prebuilt shaders.
- Various bug fixes.
- And more!
In case you missed it:
- GTA Online: How to Get Stun Gun (Taser) to troll players in Lobby
- FIFA 23: How to complete EFL Young Player of the Season (POTS) SBC