Valorant Patch Notes 4.0: The regular release schedule of patch notes will that players might see the new agent, Neon in the list from now, and some effective bug fixes along with an important map and weapon updates. The player community has been aware of some of the effective changes in the game, including a new agent and some map changes, besides a new Bundle and a battlepass.
The latest patch contains regular bug fixes and changes that the developers had already talked about previously and some new changes as well. The article talks about the upcoming changes that will be introduced along with Valorant Patch Notes 4.0, including a new agent.
Valorant Patch Notes 4.0
Alongside new Agent Neon, a fresh Battlepass, and skin line, Patch 4.0 in the official blog brings a few weapons from out of the shadows, tones down some others, and improves the melee. Bind, and especially Breeze, are reshaped in areas that should adjust the attacker/defender dynamic.
- The double stack of cover at short A has been changed to remove a very powerful one-way smoke location that made the area a little too difficult for Attackers to approach.
- There’s also a small, new bench for a mix up when taking that first peek
- Increased the width of the A Main choke and removed 50/50s (where you must choose one of two locations an opponent may be located).
- Added a stack of two crates in cave
- Adjusted cover on the back of A Site and extended the pool to the far wall
- Added cover to the pillar on B Site, blocked off the back site with a new wall, and added a stack of crates to B Wall.
- The adjusted back site breaks the head peek to B Main while also giving players new cover to work with. This new cover should be useful when falling back and retaking.
- The new stack of crates limits some angles from B Main, gives you new options when holding or retaking, and should break up some awkward fights that can occur on thin walls.
- Door on A can no longer be reactivated until it is finished opening or closing
- Starting with Patch 4.0, accounts that have yet to play in Ranked are required to reach account level 20 level before they are able to enter the Competitive queue
- For those that have not yet reached account level 20, but have already played in Competitive queue, you will still be able to play in ranked.
Reduced 5-stack Rank Rating penalty
- Diamond 2 and below players will see their RR penalty reduced by 25% compared to the current balance. This means the new minimum penalty is 25% reduced gains/losses compared to the previous 50%
- We only made this change for ranks not breaking into, or on, the leaderboard to help maintain leaderboard integrity.
Increased Map Randomization
- Increased our map weights, which should lead to an increase in map variety and reduction in map duplicates from match to match