Home Football

“I’m not someone who cheats…”-Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele releases powerful statement in response to latest reports

Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele took to Instagram to clear the air regarding the new reports emerging that contract talks had been halted with the club.

Ousmane Dembele and Xavi

Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele has released a powerful and meaningful statement after reports emerged that Barcelona were prepared to let the Frenchman go this month after he refused to sign a new contract proposed by the Blaugrana.

FC Barcelona recently offered Dembele a new contract with reduced terms but the Frenchman has failed to sign that contract. Blaugrana manager Xavi was confident that Dembele would stay at the club but after recent reports following their meeting, it is believed that the Spanish club are prepared to release Dembele now rather than waiting till the summer.

Dembele is out of contract in the summer and this means that Barcelona will have to let him go for free if they do not release him this month. The Frenchman signed for the Blaugrana for almost $145 million from Borussia Dortmund in the summer of 2017. However, a number of injuries has made it tough for the 24 year old to prosper at Camp Nou.

The 24 year old was left out of the squad for Barcelona’s game against Athletic Bilbao yesterday. It is believed that the Frenchman is certain to leave the club this month and there is no chance that he will accept a new contract if the terms are not agreed.

Also Read: Legal action against FC Barcelona? AFE issues stern warning against the…

Barcelona’s director of football Mateu Alemany and Ousmane Dembele’s comments:

Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele

Barcelona star Ousmane Dembele took to Instagram to clear the air regarding the new reports emerging that contract talks had been halted with the club and that he is certain to leave the Blaugrana this summer. The 24 year old left no stones unturned in his post and was brutally honest in the long message to all his fans around the world.

Dembele said,” As of today, I’m going to answer honestly without giving in to any form of blackmail. I forbid people from thinking that I’m not committed to this sporting project. I forbid people from attributing intentions to me that I’ve never had.”

The 24 year old added,” I forbid people from speaking for me or my agent, who I have total confidence in. I’m still under contract, I am fully committed and at the disposal of the club and my coach. I have always given everything for my teammates and also for all of the fans. That is not going to change now.”

“I am not a man who cheats and even less so one who is used to giving in to balckmail. Love can certainly be a variant of blackmail,” said the Frenchman as he responded to Barcelona’s statements that he was going to be released this month.

Barcelona director of football Alemany said,” With Ousmane and with his agents we began conversations in the month of July, during all this time, it has been six months we have spoken, Barca has made different offers, we have tried to find a way for him to continue with us.”

Alemany added,” Those offers have been systematically rejected by his agents and today, 11 days before the end of the last term within his contract, it is evident, it seems obvious to us, that the player does not want to continue at Barcelona and therefore is not committed to the future project.”

“In this scenario, he and his agents have been told that he must leave immediately, because we want players committed to this project, and therefore we expect a transfer before January 31. The sporting consequence of all this, valued by the technicians and by our coach, is that we do not want players who are not committed to the project and who do not want to be at Barca,” said the Barcelona director of football.

Also Read: Real Madrid looking to Hijack Ronald Araujo from FC Barcelona !…