The Indian contingent had a decent outing on day ten at Tokyo 2020. Ace India badminton player PV Sindhu confirmed the bronze medal for her country in the women’s singles event. She beat China’s He Bingjiao 21-13, 21-15 to clinch her second medal at the Games. Moreover, the Indian men’s hockey team registered a historic victory in the quarter-final match against Great Britain to book a berth against Belgium in the semi-final clash.
After confirming their third medal at the ongoing Tokyo Olympics, the stage is set for the Indian athletes on another fresh day. India’s top sprinter Dutee Chand will be seen back in action competing in the women’s 200 metres sprint. Discus thrower Kamalpreet Kaur will also compete in India’s lone medal match (as of now) after a brilliant performance in the qualification round.
Apart from these two events, the women’s hockey team will play their quarter-final match against the mighty Australians. Shooters Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar and Sanjeev Rajput will also be seen competing in the men’s 50m rifle three positions event alongside India’s lone equestrian at the Games, Fouaad Mirza.
Let’s look at the complete schedule of Indian athletes for day 11 at Tokyo 2020
- Women’s 200m
- Athlete: Dutee Chand
- Round 1 Heat 1 | 7:24 AM IST
- Semi-Final 1 | 3:55 PM IST (*Subject to Qualification)
- Women’s Discus Throw Final
- Athlete: Kamalpreet Kaur | 4:30 PM IST
- Eventing Individual Jumping
- Athlete: Fouaad Mirza
- Qualification | 1:30 PM IST
- Final | 5:15 PM IST (*Subject to Qualification)
- Women’s Team Quarter-Final
- India vs Australia | 8:30 AM IST
- Men’s 50m Rifle Three Positions
- Athlete: Aishwary Pratap Singh Tomar and Sanjeev Rajput
- Qualification | 8:00 AM IST
- Final | 1:20 PM IST (*Subject to Qualification)