The 2020 Tokyo Olympic Games have reached the stage of the last few days while India have won just two medals so far. While India’s third assured medalist Lovlina Borgohain (boxing) will be seen in action on day 13 of Tokyo 2020. The 23-year-old Assamese pugilist will compete in her semi-final bout against Turkey’s Busenaz Surmeneli.
Apart from this, the women’s hockey team is also set to play their historic semi-final match against world number three team Argentina. The Rani Rampal-led side reached this iconic mark after beating the mighty Australian in the quarter-final match two days ago.
August 4 will be an action-packed day as India’s ace javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra alongside Shivpal Singh will play their respective qualification rounds. As many as three wrestlers Ravi Kumar Dahiya, Anshu Malik and Deepak Punia will also kickstart their campaign on day 13 at the Tokyo Games.
Let’s look at the complete schedule of Indian athletes for day 13 at Tokyo 2020
- Men’s Javelin Throw Qualification (Group A)
- Athlete: Neeraj Chopra | 5:35 AM IST
- Men’s Javelin Throw Qualification (Group B)
- Athlete: Shivpal Singh | 7:05 AM IST
- Women’s Welterweight Semi-Final 1
- Lovlina Borgohain vs Busenaz Surmeneli (Turkey) | 11:00 AM IST
- Women’s Individual Finals Round 1
- Athletes: Aditi Ashok and Diksha Dagar | 4:00 AM IST
- Women’s Team Semi-Final
- India vs Argentina | 3:30 PM IST
- Men’s Freestyle 57kg Round of 16
- Ravi Kumar Dahiya vs Oscar Tigreros Urbano (Colombia) | 8:21 AM IST
- Women’s Freestyle 57kg Round of 16
- Anshu Malik vs Iryna Kurachkina (Belarus) | 8:28 AM IST
- Men’s Freestyle 86kg Round of 16
- Deepak Punia vs Ekerekeme Agiomor (Nigeria) | 8:49 AM IST