Day 13 was full of highs and lows for the Indian contingent at the ongoing Tokyo Olympic Games. Top wrestler Ravi Kumar Dahiya confirmed India’s fourth medal after booking a berth in the gold medal match of the men’s freestyle 57kg event. However, other wrestlers Anshu Malik and Deepak Punia failed to make it to the finals and will now play their respective bronze medal matches.
Talking about more events on August 4, javelin thrower Neeraj Chopra has advanced for the final round. On the other hand, the women’s hockey team went down in their high-pressure semi-final match against Argentina while boxer Lovlina Borgohain also lost her SF bout to settle for silver.
Coming to all the action expected on day 14, India’s top female wrestler and a possible medal candidate, Vinesh Phogat will Kickstart her Tokyo 2020 journey. Apart from this, India’s men’s hockey team will play their bronze medal match against Germany to bring back the long lost glory to the nation.
In other events, Indian athletes will be seen competing in the men’s 20km walk final event alongside female golfers Aditi Ashok and Diksha Dagar in action.
Let’s look at the complete schedule of Indian athletes for day 14 at Tokyo 2020
- Men’s 20km Walk Final
- Athletes: Kolothum Thodi Irfan, Sandeep Kumar, Rahul Rohilla | 1:00 PM IST
- Women’s Individual Finals Round 1
- Athletes: Aditi Ashok and Diksha Dagar | 4:00 AM IST
- Men’s Team Bronze Medal Match
- India vs Germany | 7:00 AM IST
- Women’s Freestyle 57kg Repechage
- Anshu Malik vs Valeria Koblova (ROC) | 7:30 AM IST
- Women’s Freestyle 53kg Round of 16
- Vinesh Phogat vs Sofia Mattson (Sweden) | 8:00 AM IST
- Men’s Freestyle 57kg Gold Medal Match
- Ravi Kumar Dahiya vs Zavur Uguev (ROC) | 2:45 PM IST
- Men’s Freestyle 86kg Bronze Medal Match
- Deepak Punia vs TBD | 2:45 PM IST