The table turns when the players know what it takes to do it. Every season the teams showcase a new set of skills or pattern plays and compete with everything they have got. All the teams have prepared well but there are some who are absolutely sure or are expected of their ascendance of the charts.
The 5 underrated NBA teams who are expected to come out with flying colors in this 2021-22 Season are:
1. The Chicago Bulls- With a history so refulgent who have thought that the Bulls would not qualify for the play-off down the lane. With the reputation to protect and to erase the prints of their last season statistics, the bulls have a lot to prove. The Chicago Bulls are named The Most Improved Team by the General Managers during the NBA Annual survey for this season 2021-22.
The addition of new players like Lonzo Ball, DeMar DeRozan, and Alex Caruso in the team makes the GMs think that the Bulls are finally on the track post-Jordan. The Bulls will put forth an All-star laden team excelling not only in individual skills but team play as well. They have also signed Derrick Jones from The Portland Trail Blazers. The Bulls’ trio consisting of veterans like DeMar DeRozan, Nikola Vucevic, and Zach Lavine will be seen in action in this NBA season.
2. The Portland Trail Blazers – The Blazers made it very clear that their intention is to improve this season. With a roster consisting of Damian Lillard, CJ McCollum, Anfernee Simons, CJ Elleby, Nassir Little, Robert Covington, and Jusuf Nurkic, they are ready the hit the arena by a storm. Last season they traded Trevor Ariza to the Houston Rockets who sent Robert Covington to Portland in return. Covington has been defending with Blazers’ fort.
Having Damian Lillard as the point guard is a feast in itself but this isn’t a one-man show. The Blazers signed Derrick Jones and Harry Giles last season to add more depth. But this season, both are acquired by The Chicago Bulls and La Clippers. We can just hope that the team won’t disappoint their audience.
3. The Phoenix Suns– The NBA campaign of the Phoenix Suns is lead by key players like Chris Paul and Devin Booker. But one player who should not get overshadowed is Mikal Bridges; the small forward of the Suns. He nurtured himself in such a way that he became one of the most effective 3-and-D-wingers. He may not be the one putting 20 plus points on the boards for himself, but the way he has been supporting the Suns to rise is commendable.
Last season has been an absolute treat for the Sun’s fans. They reached finals even though they lost still they broke the drought that was ongoing since 1993. Earlier this month it was reported that Ayton has “no intention” of signing a contract below the maximum money owed to him after his rookie deal. The Phoenix Suns have no intentions of offering Deandre Ayton the extension he has demanded. Even though the 23-year old is a crucial center the suns have to choose to pay no heed.
It’s interesting to see what is going to happen. Will the franchise let go of a crucial player?
4. The Charlotte Hornets- The fall on the top team‘s list is not unnoticeable for the Charlotte Hornet fans. But this season may see some interesting turn of tables. Some fans even believe that the hornets may do well in statistics than the Bulls this season. Losing Malik Monk can be seen as a crack in the armor but the Hornet’s roster has got it all covered up. They have signed a deal with the 33-year-old, Ish smith as a point guard.
Hornet consists of LaMelo Ball, P J Washington, Mason Plumlee, Kelly Oubre Jr, Terry Rozier, James Bouknight, Gordon Hayward, Miles Bridges, etc. And they look like a guaranteed playoff team this season and it’s going to be an absolute mystery for the audience to watch the hornet play and unfold their aces. They are on their path to break the 5-year playoff drought.
5. The Atlanta Hawks – “We feel that we do have a deep roster with everybody coming back,” said head coach Nate McMillan to the reporters. He further added, “It’ll start with us in training camp, building and working to connect as a unit…these guys will learn where they will have to sacrifice because they all will have to sacrifice probably a little bit more this season.”
The Atlanta Hawks have assembles a roster of players like Trae Young, De’Andre Hunter, John Collins, Clint Capela, Bogdan, Bogdanovic, etc. All these players have pulled numbers that have impressed the Hawk fans and they are expecting the same from them again. Hawks core is driven by young players like Young and Collins, who have proved themselves as the pillars f this young franchise.
Last season can be considered as the Hawks’ best season since 2015 when they last qualified for the playoffs. The expectations are high from this young blood driven team and after showcasing their abilities it wouldn’t be wrong to expect this much from them.
This year is surely going to be an action-packed season. Lots of comebacks to made, the reputations to uphold, the droughts to overcome but in the end it is just a group of professionally trained individuals with mutual interest competing against each other in a sport that is jointly loved and respected. Buckle up and enjoy this season.