On Friday, England and Wales Cricket Board took a decision to postpone any sort of proffesional cricket in England untill 1st July due to the Novel Coronavirus pandemic situation.
This Coronavirus effected lockdown has resulted in cancellation and postponment of various series and tournaments, for instance England’s Test series against West Indies and England women’s white-ball games against India have both officially been postponed or cancelled.
“The season remains subject to ongoing advice from government and health experts, and continued consultation with all broadcast partners to determine the optimum way to fulfil fixtures both domestically and internationally,” the ECB said in a statement.
The ECB Board confirmed that nine rounds of fixtures will be lost in the County Championship season, but the schedule will be revised for Red ball and White ball both.
All the matches previously scheduled in June will be moved later in the season.The season of the Vetality blast will be pushed later on as possible to give the best opportunity.
“Our plan is to reschedule international matches as late as possible in the season to give the best chance of play. The Vitality Blast will also now occupy the latest possible season slot to offer as much time as possible to play a County short-form competition,” ECB Chief Executive Tom Harrison said.
“Our biggest challenge, along with other sports, is how we could seek to implement a bio-secure solution that offers optimum safety and security for all concerned. The guidance we receive from Westminster will help us shape how we deliver this,” he added
While an additional Board meeting will be scheduled on next Wednesday to reschedule the international matches.