Of Course, I want to get even higher: Dominic Thiem desperate to take next big step

318

It’s been almost 2 decades that the BIG 3 have dominated the tennis world. 56, yes total 56 Grand Slams they have amassed and has won each of the last 13 Majors.

But now it seems like, tennis is soon going to get it’s NextGen. Dominic Thiem has come of the age during the ‘golden era’ and has even started challenging the trio on a regular basis. The 26-year-old has been touted by many as the ‘player’ who can end to the dominance of Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, and Novak Djokovic.

Although, the World No.3 is substantially behind Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic in the rankings, he surely has a long list of achievements to his name already.

And as of now, speaking after the Bett 1 Aces exhibition final in Berlin, the Austrian revealed that he isn’t satisfied with where he is and is desperate to take next step.

Thiem said,“Of course I want to get even higher. That is clear. I want to climb further in the ranking.”

Austria’s Dominic Thiem celebrates after victory against Rafael Nadal during their men’s singles quarter-final of the Australian Open January 29, 2020. (Photo by William WEST / AFP)

Also Read “I’m not going to talk about Nick Kyrgios again”, says Dominic Thiem

Thiem has always shown his potential to the fullest, he has not only secured a Masters 1000 title at Indian Wells but has even finished as a runner-up at the Nitto ATP finals last year. Coming on BIG3, Thiem has even proved that he soon take their place as he has defeated each on their favourite surface, Rafael on clay Roger on grass and Djokovic on hardcourt.

Moreover, expressing the desire to win a Grand Slam title, the Austrian said, “After that, I nibbled on it for a few days and weeks, went through the game night after night to find out what I could have done better.”

As for now, Thiem recently triumphed at the exhibition tournament in Berlin, beating Matteo Berrettini in the final. And for US Open, the 3 time Slam champion has said, “the whole thing is shaky.”

Tough earlier, Dominic said that he will play both Cincinnati and US Open, but now has expressed concern about safety restrictions imposed by ATP.

Also Read After BIG3 it’s Dominic Thiem: says former World No.1

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here