A new update of PUBG is knocking on the door – PUBG update 13.1 as the makers have already released the patch notes of the new update. It has brought several changes to the TAEGO map, Sanhok map improvements, new upgradable weapons as well as changed the system of Ranked Season 13.
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG) is an online multiplayer battle royale game developed and published by PUBG Corporation, a subsidiary of South Korean video game company Bluehole. The game is based on previous mods that were created by Brendan “PlayerUnknown” Greene for other games, inspired by the 2000 Japanese film Battle Royale, and expanded into a standalone game under Greene’s creative direction. The makers of PUBG brings new updates at regular intervals to give the players a different battle-royale experience with each update.
PUBG Update 13.1 Patch notes
The previous update 12.2 received an overwhelming response from the players and PUBG decided to bring in more new features so that PUBG steals the show from all other battle-royale games. PUBG Update 13.1 is set to release on 4th August for PC and 12th August for Consoles.
TAEGO map updates
Multi- care packages: Players will now receive additional small air drops along with the standard air drop which will provide them with more supplies such as ammo, healing consumables, throwables etc.
Secret Room: Secret rooms have been added to the TAEGO map which will supply the players with rare items. In order to access these secret rooms, players need to collect keys which are scattered across the map. The items that will be available in the secret room include Self-AED, Scopes & Large number of healing items.
Emergency Landing: A new feature has been added in the flight which will cause the engine failure, players will be given an option for emergency landing.The emergency landing plane moves faster than the standard starting plane, but the fall height varies greatly, resulting in a varied falling duration. Players have to take 50% damage if they decide not to jump from the plane.
Item Spawn Changes: New items have been added such as Emergency Pickup, C4 & Spike Trap. There will be a 37% increase in the Self-AED spawn item.
Many changes have been made to the Sanhok map with PUBG Update 13.1
Northwest Island Geographical Improvements: New cliffs and rocks have been added in the northwest coast near South Ruins and its connecting area which can be used as an effective cover while engaging with the enemies.
Northwest Island temple at the summit improvements: Various improvements have been to the temple as the buildings which did not contain the spawn items have been replaced with buildings containing spawn items. The angles of the rocks have also been adjusted.
Matchmaking- Map rotation
- Paramo has been removed and Karakin has been added to Normal Matches
- Maps available in Normal Matches:
New Ranked Season
Season 13 Ranked Mode will begin when servers go live with the live server update next month.
- In Ranked Mode, players Diamond rank or higher who don’t play ranked for 7 days will begin to receive daily RP decay.In season 13, this decay will only stop once a player falls out of Diamond and into Platinum.
- At the beginning of Season 13, all eligible players will be granted their Season 12 rewards, including nameplates/emblems available for the duration of the season.
- RP can now decay below 3,000 in Season 13.
- 100 RP will be detected per day for players Diamond tier or higher who do not play Ranked at least once a week.
New Contraband Crate & Progressive weapon skin
- A new upgradable weapon skin has been added for the SLR weapon i.e. known as Buzzkill SLR. The skin can be upgraded upto Level 10
- This weapon can be found in the new contraband crate – Buzzkill. Players can purchase this crate with the help of G-coins. Various material items for upgrading the skin will also be found in this crate.
- Sprays can be applied to most surfaces, excluding water, windows, vehicles, and players.
- You can apply Sprays at close-range only and in most situations, including while moving or standing still.
- Sprays cannot be used in the lobby.
- Sprays can be equipped under Customize – Emotes & Sprays tab.
- Each player can only have one spray displayed in the world at a time, with new sprays replacing previous ones.
Kill – message improvements
- Up to four actions- DBNOs, Assists, Kills & Team kills can be displayed at a time, with different colors and effects to easily identify them
- Kills and Assist counts now have animated effects.
- If multiple actions happen at once, up to four messages are displayed.
Apart from these new features, various improvements have been made to the weapons for enhancing the power of the weapons, as well as changes have been made to the match results to make the Winner Winner Chicken Dinner more special!
Download PUBG to enjoy PUBG Update 13.1 Patch Notes, new features of TAEGO map and more.
Also Read: Top 5 unknown facts of PUBG Mobile