Old habits die hard. A good diet change and a simple change in your lifestyle can lead to an overall good health.
What you eat each day and what you do everyday affects your health in both short and long term, and how you feel now and in the future.
Good nutrition plays a major role to lead a healthy lifestyle.
When a good diet is combined with physical activity, it can help you reach and maintain a healthy weight.
This combined daily routine can even reduce your risk of chronic conditions such as diabetes or heart disease, and promote overall health and wellbeing.
Balanced Diet for a Good Health
In simple words, a balanced diet is one that offers the nutrients to help your body to function properly. The importance of diet lies in the intake of the right amount of calories.
Healthful eating or a balanced diet also means replacing foods that contain trans fats, added salt, and sugar with more nutritious options.
A balanced diet includes some specific healthy food groups under it:
- Vegetables such as leafy greens, starchy vegetables, legumes like beans and peas, red and orange vegetables, and others like eggplant.
- Fruits that include whole fruits, fresh or frozen fruits but not canned ones dipped in syrup.
- Grains such as whole grains and refined grains. For example, quinoa, oats, brown rice, barley, and buckwheat.
- Protein such as lean beef and pork, chicken, fish, beans, peas, and legumes.
- Dairy products such as low-fat milk, yogurt, cottage cheese, and soya milk.
A balanced and proper diet has a lot of health benefits like,
- It gives your heart a longer life and also improvises the activity of your gut.
- Reduces the risk of cancer.
- Improvises the memory and also puts you in an overall better mood.
- Makes your bones strong and healthy.
- Helps in Diabetes management and in Weight loss activities.
Changes in Lifestyle
It’s not just a balanced diet that’s enough but also healthy practices of eating and living.
Some of these practices which you can follow are:
- Good Sleep- 7-8 hours of sleep every day can prove to be very healthy and productive for you. Well-rested people not only cope better with stress but may also have better control of their appetites.
- Smile and Laugh- The simple activity of laughing every day keeps you grounded. It even helps you cope up with crazy and stressful situations.
- Exercise- Exercising more can help improve everything from your circulation to your stress levels and sense of well-being. Here are a few ideas to get you inspired:
- Swap-up your coffee break for a power walk; after all, walking is the best exercise.
- Set your alarm 10 minutes early to do morning stretches.
- Wait for your lunch to reheat in the plank position or see how many squats you can fit in before your coffee is done brewing.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator.
- Use the jungle gym for pull-ups, dips, lunges, and push-ups while your children play.
- Positive Outlook- At last keep a positive outlook towards your regular life because that will keep you energized and motivated during a stress filled and hectic day.
All these small changes in your diet and daily lifestyle can make a huge change in your entire life.
Also Read: How to Stay Hydrated All Day?