Sports Watchlist Recommendation #5 : 5 Reasons to Watch ‘Eddie The Eagle (2016)’
A movie which will leave you with a pleasant satisfaction and smile, ‘Eddie The Eagle’ is based upon a true story of British Olympian Eddie Edwards who took his courage as his sole weapon even when his own nation’s system was against him.
5 Reasons why this movie should be in your watchlist –
- Soul of the film is the dream of Eddie Edwards is to become an Olympian and the heart of the film is the side-story of Hugh Jackman, who played the role of coach of protagonist. How there paths crosses and how they fulfill those aspirations intertwining with each other is a remarkable story to tell and watch.
- Witness the sports of SKI JUMPING. What are the formats, how it looks eye soothing but the dangerous at the same time. After watching this movie, there is a great chance that one will have a never forgetting kind of experience and opinions about this one particular Olympic sport.
- There is a scene in movie when Coach confronts the Eddie and label his happiness as a ’15 minutes of fame’. This talk awakes something in Eddie’s heart and aspires to do which takes immense courage. A true Olympian stuff right there.
- Unlike plethora of sports drama which showcases the story as a win or loss in the end, this movie manages it to make itself a distinct one from this categorization. In other words, this movie is the story as what the founder of Olympic games, Pierre de Coubertin said, “The most important thing in the Olympic Games is not winning but taking part; the essential thing in life is not conquering but fighting well.“
- Underdog Story, mixed with classic 80s score, topnotch cinematography of the skiing jumps and picturization of true spirit of Olympic games are the reasons why this movie should be in your watchlist.