The game of tennis has been gifted by several superstars who have not only displayed incredible gameplay on several occasions but also have inspired innumerable tennis enthusiasts to dream big and believe in themselves. Right from the four Grand Slams to the WTA tournaments, we are treated with some fine action by supremely talented individuals.
Evidently, these individuals have a huge fan following across different social media platforms where they share some crucial memories apart from their tennis journey. Fans eagerly want to know about their favorite players and each player has a different fan base on social media. Right from 23 Grand Slam title-winner Serena Williams to US Open 2021 champion Emma Raducanu, the list of the Top 10 most followed WTA tennis stars on Instagram is definitely an interesting one to look at.
Here are the Top 10 most-followed active WTA players on Instagram
10. Elina Svitolina (870,000 followers): The Ukrainian star became the first player in her country to win a medal in the Olympics. She is currently on a break from tennis as she is set to embrace motherhood soon and for the first time, she is out of the Top 10 of the WTA rankings. But her social posts regarding her support for the Russian and Ukrainian wars are gaining popularity.
9. Garbine Muguruza (911,000 followers): The former world number one and two-time Grand Slam winner is in the headlines for making a great comeback after struggling with injuries for a long time. She will be looking forward to a great season at the North American swing as she registered her 300th WTA win in the Madrid Open. She is regular with her posts on social media treating her fans with fabulous and amazing pictures of her endorsements and collaborations.
8. Iga Swiatek(926,000 follwers): The French Open 2022 champion was on a roll with her pure dominance on the clay court season until she lost recently at the Poland Open. She rose to become the world’s number one after Ashleigh Barty announced her retirement. With some amazing posts about her life other than tennis, her social media account on Instagram is nothing less than a treat to her fans.
7. Venus Williams(1.7 Million followers): Venus Williams shook the tennis world after her announcement of returning to the singles category in the Citi Open after a span of twelve months. The American star also made a last-minute entry to Wimbledon in the doubles category. She is looking forward to having a great season at the North American swing. She has a different fan base altogether when it comes to her activities on social media.
6. Simona Halep(1.7 Million followers): The Romanian star has been having a tough year with lots of injuries, losing in the semi-finals at Wimbledon and fall-out with her coach at the start of the year. But she will soon be back to her winning ways and winning titles with her new coach Patrick Mouratoglou as she is more confident in herself now. When it comes to her social media activities, she loves to keep updating her fans about her life.
5. Eugenie Bouchard(2.3 Million followers): Bouchard’s incredibly good looks and her rollicking gameplay made her a popular face a few years back and it doesn’t come as a surprise that she still has a huge fan following. became the first-ever Canadian to reach the finals of a Grand Slam. She has been away from the court for quite a while due to recurring injuries. She was to play at the SW19 but opted out due to no rankings points to offer. She is expected to come back soon.
4. Emma Raducanu(2.4 Million followers): The No 1 British tennis star, Emma Raducanu took the world by storm after winning the 2021 US Open. She came into the competition as World No. 150 and after battling through the qualifiers, she managed to win the coveted title without dropping a single set. Soon after that, she gathered a lot of fan base as the newly gained popularity helped her boost the number of followers in the process.
3. Naomi Osaka(2.7 Million followers): The Japanese tennis star’s rise to the top has been nothing short of sensational. The Olympic gold champion made the headlines when she spoke about mental health issues and withdrew from the 2021 French Open stating the same. She has been struggling with her form since then but is a favorite when it comes to her activities on social media. Her quirky looks get the attention helping her with a constant increase in followers count.
2. Sania Mirza(9.7 Million followers): Sania Mirza has changed the landscape of tennis in India as she is the second most active WTA player followed on Instagram. A former Doubles No. 1 and winner of 6 Grand Slam titles, Sania enjoys a huge following on Instagram. She has a huge fan base around the world apart from all the love and support she gets from India. She is also the ‘UN Women Goodwill Ambassador for South Asia’. She is very active on social media with regular updates about her life with her husband and son and it is a treat to watch the gorgeous diva.
1. Serena Williams(15.1 Million followers): Regarded as one of the greatest athletes of all time, Serena has won 23 Grand Slam titles which is not an easy task to accomplish. She announced her comeback to Wimbledon at the last minute which went the world go crazy. Apart from being a tennis star, she is a big Marvel fan along with her husband. Her incredible physical and mental strength is just unbelievable as she defied all odds to come back to the court after a year. It doesn’t come as a surprise that she tops this list as she is very active with her posts treating her fans with updates on her life other than tennis bringing out the fashion game on point always.