Weapons are a big part of Minecraft as they help defend the player against possible threats. In this article we take a look at the Tridents in Minecraft and their location, uses and more.
The world of Minecraft is a very dangerous one with many enemies hiding in plain sight or in deep dark caves. These mobs may try to harm the player and can even potentially kill them. This is why players need their own ways of defence and offense against them.
Down below we take a look at Tridents in Minecraft.
Tridents in Minecraft
Tridents in Minecraft are one of the most unique weapons to be introduced in the game and can be used as both melee and ranged.
How to get a Trident?
Players cannot craft a Trident in Minecraft and instead they need to acquire it from mob drops.
Drowned mobs have a rare chance of dropping a Trident if they are holding one. The Drowned with a Trident has a 15% chance of spawning. This is the only way to get a Trident in the game.
Uses for Tridents
The Trident is a very good weapon in the game with the ability to be used in both melee and ranged fights.
Players deal 9 hearts melee damage while attacking in melee form. Each hit consume 1 durability.
- Pressing and holding with the Trident in your hand will give you the option to throw it at your enemy. The thrown trident deals 80% of the normal damage, that means 8 hearts damage.
- Players can pick up the thrown trident by walking over to it.
- It can be blocked with shields.
- Loyalty: Returns the Trident back to the hand after throwing.
- Channeling: Can summon lightning if there is thunderstorm occuring.
- Riptide: Allows for faster movement speed underwater or while using an Elytra.
- Impaling: Pierces targets behind the initial one hit.
- Unbreaking: Increases durability.
- Mending: Consumes EXP to mend the Trident.
- Curse of Vanishing: Disappears when dropped.
Follow our Instagram page for more updates on gaming and esports!