Minecraft has a ton of harmful mob that are very hostile to the players and will attack them on sight! This article discusses the Witch in Minecraft and all its features.
The Overworld of Minecraft is lined with mobs that are both friendly and enemies. Enemy mobs are everywhere and players need to be prepared to fight them if they get too close. Witches are one of the hardest mobs to fight for a beginner players and thus players need to look out!
Down below we take a look at all the features of the Witch in Minecraft.
Witch in Minecraft
The Witch is a hostile mob in Minecraft that will attack players with offensive potions and even use defensive potions on themselves.
Witches can spawn naturally in dark caves or places, swamp huts or in raids. They are also spawned if a villager is struck by lightning.
The Swamp hut is guaranteed to contain a Witch upon world generation. The Raid Witch in Minecraft have a rare chance to spawn in waves 3 or 4.
Attacks of the Witch
The Witch fights using potions mainly and they have a wide array of them at hand. They are divided into offensive and defensive potions and down below we discuss all of them.
Witches throw these at players when they detect the within their range. They throw them at an interval of 3 seconds.
- Splash potion of Slowness – This is thrown if the player is 8 blocks away and slows the player considerably.
- Splash potion of poison – This potion is thrown if the player has atleast 8 hearts of health and poisons the players which does damage over time.
- Splash Potion of Weakness – This potion is thrown if the players is near 3 blocks and reduces their damage.
- Splash Potion of Harming – If none of the other potions are thrown then the witches use this one which does 6 hearts damage.
If the Witch is getting attacked or in a negative status effect, then they can choose to drink these potions.
- Potion of Water Breathing – If the Witch is underwater and drowning, then the Witch uses this potion.
- Potion of Fire Resistance – Witches take this potion when on fire or taking fire damage.
- Potion of Healing – The Witch uses this potion when below full health and this heals 4 hearts.
- Potion of Swiftness – This potion is used when the witch is 11 blocks away from the player.
The Witches Spawned during raids will use defensive potions on illagers and ravagers.
The Witches can drop a ton of items and these are:
- Glass Bottles
- Glowstone dust
- Spider Eyes
Follow our Instagram page for more update on gaming and esports!