The most tragic night of WWE Raw Superstar Jeff Hardy’s career

The most tragic night of WWE Raw Superstar Jeff Hardy’s career

Jeff Hardy hit the lowest point of his career in 2011

In 2011, Jeff Hardy used to wrestle for TNA Impact Wrestling. He was scheduled to main event the Victory Road PPV. Hardy faced Sting for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. In what could’ve been one of the most memorable matches of his career, Hardy hit the lowest point of his wrestling career.


As soon as Hardy’s music hit that night, it was clear that something wasn’t right. It took Hardy 45 seconds to appear on stage. He was clearly off-beat and nothing like the Charismatic Enigma that the audience was cheering for. Hardy was evidently intoxicated.

Sting made his entrance, while the commentators tried their best to hype up the match, despite knowing something was wrong with Hardy. The panic backstage might’ve been at extreme levels considering the show was falling apart during the main event. Even the referee showed up the ‘X’ sign with his arms, to indicate that Hardy was in no condition to compete.

Eric Bischoff walked out to the ring in order to control the damage. To the viewers it seemed like Bischoff was in character and talking trash to Sting, but in fact, he was instructing Sting on how the match needed to play out. He even changed the match to a No Disqualification match in order to prevent any more disaster to be caused by Hardy’s antics.


As the match began, Hardy started teasing the audience with his shirt. This went on for a really long time. But finally Sting landed a few blows and hit the Scorpion Death Drop. He forced a pinfall on Hardy to win the match in one and a half minute. Hardy was visibly confused, while Sting was visibly disappointed. When fans started shouting “Bulls**t” Sting agreed with them while leaving the ring.

WWE Raw Superstar Jeff Hardy took a break from wrestling to get clean

jeff hardy
Hardy took a break from wrestling for 6 months

TNA’s Victory Road PPV was clearly an indication that Jeff Hardy’s life was falling apart. He had issues that needed to be taken care of and it wasn’t as simple as returning to TNA next night and pretend that nothing had happened.

Hardy took six months off and finally returned to the TNA ring. He acknowledged all his issues and even told the crowd that he didn’t deserve the warm reception that the crowd gave him. Hardy delivered a brutally honest promo and asked for a second chance.

“I had a main event match with a guy I’ve looked up to for a long time, and I failed miserably. I let everybody down! I let myself down because I wasn’t the main eventer I know I am. I got here today, and I walked in the building, and the stress and doubt were overwhelming. I almost felt hated. There are so many people in the back right now that are so mad at me, and they have every right to be! I can’t change what happened at Victory Road, but I can admit that at Victory Road, I had hit rock bottom.”   


The crowd cheered “One more shot!” in support of Hardy. The Charismatic Enigma did get another shot and he went on to have one of the most glorious years of his career. Hardy is still performing and is currently a part of WWE’s Raw roster.     

Also Read: Birthday wishes pour in for the WWE Women’s Tag Team Champion Natalya