1Ardha Chandrasana (Half Moon)
Ardha means half and Chandra means Moon in Sanskrit. This is a balancing pose which signifies the half moon in the sky. Ardha Chandrasana is also referred as Half Moon Pose.
How To Do It –
- Place your left hand on the left hip. Bend your right knee with inhaling and move same foot forward. While doing this move your right hand also forward and place it beyond the toes of your right foot.
- Move your right hand to the floor with exhaling and press it down.
- Lift the left leg parallel to the floor and don’t lock your right knee.
- Move your left hip slightly forward and place your left hand on your left hip.
- Place your body weight on the standing leg and maintain balance.
- Hold this pose for few seconds and then repeat on other side.
- This asana helps to ease lower back problems.
- It relieves pain in legs.
- It improves digestion.
- It helps to achieve proper balance.
- Regular practice of this asana make ankles, buttocks strong .