Yankees manager Aaron Boone sounds off on doubters regarding usage of torpedo bats
New York Yankees manager Aaron Boone shut down the critics of the newly designed torpedo bats and claimed that people were overthinking this.

Aaron Boone (Image via Imago)
The torpedo bats have become the talk of the town in MLB. The newly designed bats stole the headlines this weekend as the New York Yankees crushed the Milwaukee Brewers. Manager Aaron Boone sounded off on doubters regarding the team’s usage of this new bat.
During the second game of the Yankees-Brewers series, the Bronx Bombers belted 9 home runs. Following the game, the bats of the Yankees hitter appeared to be a bit different.
The American League side were reported to be using ‘torpedo’ design bats. This bats have more wood in the label part, which has improved the contact of several batters.
Despite the bats being completely legal to use, several users on social media have accused the team of cheating. While speaking with the Talkin’ Yanks crew members, Aaron Boone shut down the doubters and critics.
We’re overthinking of all of this a lit bit. This isn’t new, other than we just are able to really really measure things now and evaluate things.. Like, I went by, ‘Oh yeah, this feels good. I think this is probably right for me.” Now, we have probably a better idea of what actually is right for you.
Aaron Boone said
Aaron Boone says the drama surrounding the torpedo bats is dumb
— Talkin' Yanks (@TalkinYanks) April 1, 2025
“This isn’t new, other than we just are able to really really measure things now” pic.twitter.com/l2WbQBGyne
The torpedo bats have so far worked out well for the Yankees. Anthony Volpe and Jazz Chisholm Jr., who are both using this bats have found success. Both of them have hit 3 home runs each so far this season and are just one behind captain Aaron Judge, who is not using this bat.
The Yankees though are not the only ones using this bat. Baltimore Orioles’ star Adley Rustchman, Cincinnati Reds’ Elly De La Cruz and New York Mets’ Francisco Lindor are all reported to be using this designed bats this year.
The Torpedo Bat User list 🚀
— JB 🍀 (@onlyparlays_) April 1, 2025
New players added daily. pic.twitter.com/6ThVTCKXCf
Dave Portnoy got slammed by Yankees star Jazz Chisholm Jr. regarding usage of torpedo bats
As the torpedo bats continued to be trend on the top, Barstool Sports owner Dave Portnoy took a stand against it. The Boston Red Sox fan accused the Yankees of cheating with this new design. Yankees star Jazz Chisholm Jr. would then slam him.

In a two-and-a-half minute rant on X, Portnoy urged for a ban on this. While speaking on this topic, he pointed out his high school achievements. He claimed that he was a “triple crown winner” who “mashed” home runs while defending his credibility to speak on this matter.
Yankees have a long history of cheating and being scumbags and this just the latest. I think I saw someone on the Twins or another team using it, but you gotta get rid of the torpedo bat it’s unfair to the pitchers.
Dave Portnoy said in his statement
Emergency Press Conference – Ban the Yankees Torpedo Bat Before it Ruins Baseball pic.twitter.com/LX1iDZ7wUg
— Dave Portnoy (@stoolpresidente) March 30, 2025
Chisholm Jr. was highly active on Monday. As the Yankees had a day off, the 27-year-old defended the usage of this bats in a different post. He soon came across this post of Portnoy and dropped a 7-word reaction while taking a swipe at him.
This is a high school baller talking
Jazz Chisholm Jr. on X
This is a high school baller talking 🤣
— Jazz Chisholm Jr (@j_chisholm3) March 31, 2025
Portnoy though was not the only one who expressed his frustrations regarding the usage of this bats. Brewers pitcher Trevor Megill would also hit out at the Yankees for using them. While he admitted that it was a “genius” idea, he called this “terrible” for the game of baseball.
Phillies star Matt Strahm urges MLB to give more freedom to pitchers amid torpedo bats drama
With the torpedo bats being legal and producing positive results, the list of players using them is increasing day-by-day. In the midst of this drama, Philadelphia Phillies star Matt Strahm has urged the league to give more freedom to the pitchers.

The pitchers have several restrictions during the game and are often get checked in the middle of the inning for the usage of foreign substance. While expressing his frustrations regarding this topic, Strahm dropped a fiery take on X.
Let them use whatever bat they want. Let’s just allow pitchers to use whatever hitters have in the on deck circle. And not check us like we are criminals every time we walk on or off the field.
Matt Strahm on X
Let them use whatever bat they want. Let’s just allow pitchers to use whatever hitters have in the on deck circle. And not check us like we are criminals every time we walk on or off the field. I’m just a pitcher but I’m assuming better grip helps ya swing harder…
— Matt Strahm (@MattStrahm) April 1, 2025
Strahm also claimed that the league was focused to make the game more offensively. Since 2021, the league started a crackdown on grip-enhancing materials which the pitchers were using to get a better command on the ball.
Several stars have used sunscreen and rosin to get a better grip of the ball. However, there have been instances where pitchers have been thrown out of the game and handed a 10-game suspension if they hands were found “too sticky” by the umpires.