WATCH: Neymar receives warm reception from Al Hilal fans during his unveiling ceremony

A stadium packed with fans and fireworks, Neymar's presentation had it all.


WATCH: Neymar receives warm reception from Al Hilal fans during his unveiling ceremony

Neymar's happiness on joining Al-Hilal. (Source: Al Hilal)

The King Fahd International Stadium in Riyadh was lit with fireworks as Neymar Jr. was presented as the new Al-Hilal player. The Saudi club displayed a drone spelling ‘Neymar is Blue’ above their venue. Neymar looks struck in his reception as he greets his new supporters for the first time. Rocking the blue-colored jersey, which sold more than ten thousand copies in just seven hours, he will be looking forward to his debut.

The 31-year-old player joined the Saudi Pro League in a 90 million euros move from French club PSG. He arrived at thousands of fans in Riyadh as a hero’s welcome. “We will hold a big party worthy of a samba dancer,” an Al-Hilal official said. Neymar had expressed his excitement to face players like Benzema, Cristiano Ronaldo, Firmino, and others after spending seven seasons in France and Ligue 1.

YouTube video

Neymar had earlier applauded Cristiano Ronaldo for setting a revolution for other players to follow in motion. As he completed his own 400 million euros over two years of contract to the Middle East. “It will be exciting,” Neymar exclaimed as he relished the opportunity to play on Thursday against Al-Raed. Fans compared Neymar’s happiness to Messi’s in Miami as the pair are set to start the last phase of their careers separately.

The Brazilian Superstar has made a statement with the Saudi Club, proving the massive influence of Asian football. It has been on the rise post the Qatar World-cup. Fans are waiting with cold feet to see the skillful player work his magic on the field. In comparison, the same could be said about Neymar, who would finally be looking forward to enjoying his football the way he wants.

Related: Brighton sends Tottenham in shock after setting huge price tag over Harry Kane’s potential replacement

Saudi Arabia’s summer heist in Europe

Cristiano Ronaldo
Cristiano Ronaldo unveiled as the new Al-Nassr player. (Source: Getty)

While many European clubs have failed to keep hold of their best talents, Saudi Arabian clubs have capitalized on the opportunity. With Cristiano Ronaldo making an old move in the current era, many other players also saw the potential and money in the new league. The Saudi Pro League is not an extremely new destination for footballers, as players like Pep Guardiola have also played there.

However, it is rather the influx of unlimited funding and money which is awe-inspiring. The Saudi Clubs have come knocking on the doors of clubs with offers impossible to refuse for the players, and as a result, big names like Kante, Firmino, Mahrez, Ballon’dor holder Benzema and now even Neymar Jr. have made the move.

These players still had at least two to three good years of competition left in them to showcase in Europe. Unfortunately for those fans, they have taken their talents to the Middle East, securing their futures. The Saudi clubs have also not missed an opportunity to offer big money to other star players like Bernardo Silva and Leo Messi, who made different decisions than moving to a place with a developing football culture.

In case you missed: