Rafael Nadal, the King of Clay is arguably one of the best clay court players of all time. The Spaniard has won the French Open an astonishing 13 times and defeated Novak Djokovic in the finals of the French Open 2020 to claim his 13th French Open title. Nadal has just lost twice at the Roland Garros in 15 years and his won-loss record stands in Paris stands at 100-2. He has won the French Open in 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020.
Below is the journey of Rafael Nadal’s 12 French Open titles in pictures.
List of French Open titles won by Rafael Nadal and opponents beaten in the final, year-wise:
- 2005- Defeated Mariano Puerta in 4 sets
- 2006- Defeated Roger Federer in 4 sets
- 2007- Defeated Roger Federer in 4 sets
- 2008- Defeated Roger Federer in straight sets
- 2010- Defeated Robin Soderling in straight sets
- 2011- Defeated Roger Federer in 4 sets
- 2012- Defeated Novak Djokovic in 4 sets
- 2013- Defeated David Ferrer in straight sets
- 2014- Defeated Novak Djokovic in 5 sets
- 2017- Defeated Stan Wawrinka in straight sets
- 2018- Defeated Dominic Thiem in straight sets
- 2019- Defeated Dominic Thiem in 4 sets
- 2020- Defeated Novak Djokovic in straight sets.