Jaylen Brown Rejects Apology From City of Beverly Hills After Sabotaging All-Star Weekend Event
The City of Beverly Hills initially claimed the event hosted by Jaylen Brown had been shut down due to not having a permit.
Jaylen Brown advocated for players' safety (Image via FirstSportz)
- Jaylen Brown rejected an apology from the City of Beverly Hills after police shut down his event for lacking a permit.
- Brown expressed dissatisfaction with the city's response, claiming it was based on biased information.
- Despite the incident, Brown continued to excel on the court, recording a triple-double in a win against the Golden State Warriors.
Boston Celtics star Jaylen Brown has been on a tear this season. For the first time in his career, Brown is the primary scorer of his team as Jayson Tatum continues to work his way back from a long-term injury. His performances this season earned him his fifth All-Star selection.
Jaylen Brown was in Los Angeles for the All-Star weekend as he made his fifth All-Star Game appearance. Since it was in Los Angeles, the former NBA Champion took out the time for some personal errands. Unfortunately, things took a bad turn and did not work out.
The 2024 Finals MVP is an avid streamer and is known for speaking his mind openly. The Celtics star did not shy away from criticizing the NBA after losing the NBA POTM award to Jalen Brunson. And once he pointed out that one needs to learn ‘flopping’ to be in the MVP conversations during a live stream.
However, Brown was caught up in something else during a live stream in L.A. The police came to shut down Brown’s panel in Beverly Hills around 7 PM, claiming he did not file the proper permit. An unhappy Brown questioned the cop about what was happening during his live stream. Brown made it clear to the authorities that it is not a party. It was a panel talking about culture, the future, and leadership.
The Beverly Hills Police Department has issued an apology for the entire incident.
The City of Beverly Hills has officially apologized to Jaylen Brown and said that their previous statement regarding a denied permit was inaccurate:
— Noa Dalzell 🏀 (@NoaDalzell) February 19, 2026
(Via IG) https://t.co/61Pv9pHwF2 pic.twitter.com/OOfM1FfOvr
It was an unfortunate scene for Brown and his panel. It appears that the local police acted on unverified information.
Jaylen Brown was not satisfied with the apology from city of Beverly Hills
The 29-year-old never got a proper explanation or reason from the authorities for shutting down the event. He also wanted to know what happened to all the resources he pooled to host this event. Brown took to social media to react to the apology from the city of Beverly Hills. He said:
You targeted me and my 741Performance event based on biased information then you give a half ass apology after the damage is already done.
You targeted me and my @741Performance event based on biased information then you give a half ass apology after the damage is already done
— Jaylen Brown (@FCHWPO) February 20, 2026
Ever since Jaylen Brown decided to take on the usual sneaker giants with his own brand, events have occurred that have led him to believe he might be targeted by industry leaders. He has every right to believe that the police did not have the right to shut down a private event, which, to his knowledge, did not violate any rules as he did not require any prior permission.
Jaylen Brown puts in a dominant performance against the Golden State Warriors
While the events that took place have been a distraction, it had no effect on Brown on the court on Thursday night. The forward put in an impressive shift as the Celtics recorded a convincing 121-110 victory over the Golden State Warriors at the Chase Center.
Brown recorded his third triple-double of the season as he ended the night with 23 points, 15 rebounds, and 13 assists in 37 minutes. His performances this season have put him in the MVP conversation.
Comes back from All-Star & casually drops a triple-double 😤@FCHWPO is tonight's @Gatorade Player of the Game pic.twitter.com/CutLJMHmfF
— Boston Celtics (@celtics) February 20, 2026
The Celtics have been one of the biggest surprises of the 2025-26 campaign. With Tatum ruled out with a long-term injury and with the trades of Jrue Holiday and Kristaps Porzingis, the Celtics have broken up their 2024 NBA Championship-winning roster. Hence, many predicted that the Celtics would at best be a play-in team this season.

But that has not been the case. Led by Brown, the Celtics find themselves in second place in the Eastern Conference standings with a 36-19 record. With reports that Tatum could return at the end of the season, the Celtics will believe they have a shot in a wide-open Eastern Conference.
Also Read:
- “I Already Would Have Left!” Giannis Antetokounmpo Makes Moving Statement About His Contract Situation with Bucks
- Ex-NBA Champion Claims Paolo Banchero Has Been the Biggest Disappointment in the League