Ric Flair Calls out WWE for Not Utilizing Randy Orton Properly Amid the Latter’s Ongoing TV Absence

Randy Orton's diminishing WWE schedule marred with inconsistent booking has left a bad taste in Ric Flair's mouth.


Ric Flair Calls out WWE for Not Utilizing Randy Orton Properly Amid the Latter’s Ongoing TV Absence

🔍 Explore this post with:

Ric Flair is baffled by WWE’s handling of Randy Orton. The latter appeared on its television over a month ago. It was in early October when he teamed up with Cody Rhodes to take on Bron Breakker and Bronson Reed in the main event of SmackDown.

The Vision’s then-leader, Seth Rollins, sneak attacked the 14-time world champion when the referee was distracted. It allowed Reed to pin Orton. The fans weren’t elated with that sort of booking for one of the all-time greats.

Not only the fans, but also Ric Flair, who’s been a mentor to Orton his entire career, has expressed his dissatisfaction with The Apex Predator’s WWE booking in general and said that the company doesn’t utilize him the way he would’ve done if he were in a position to do so. Flair made these admissions on the DOUBL3 COVERAGE podcast.

Randy is the best male worker in the company right now. They don’t utilize him the way I would if I was booker, but I’m not. So, he can still work his a** off. But, he’s making a lot of money. He’s doing good. He’s happy. And that’s all that matters.

Ric Flair on the DOUBL3 COVERAGE podcast

‘The Nature Boy’ even hailed the St. Louis native as the best male wrestler in WWE at the moment, which he has said on record many a time in the past.

While the two-time WWE HOFer didn’t necessarily agree with Orton’s current work schedule, Flair noted that he might be getting paid a lot of money, and most importantly, he seems happy, which, to Flair, matters the most.

For those wondering about a potential Randy Orton return to WWE in the near future, he’s advertised for the December 5 episode of SmackDown. At one point, it seemed as if Orton would be a part of the WarGames struggle against the Vision.

However, a lot has changed since his last WWE appearance. Back then, Seth Rollins was still leading Breakker and Reed, but what happened in a short span after that is in front of everyone.

Ric Flair clarifies his Hulk Hogan death comments after online backlash

Hulk Hogan’s passing earlier this year in July deeply affected the wrestling industry, as it had lost its first megastar. While the blemishes of him being a so-called racist indeed dented his legacy as a whole, The Hulkster’s loss is irreparable, and his contemporaries bore the brunt of it. As initially reported by TMZ, the real-life Terry Bollea died due to cardiac arrest.

Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair
Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair (via WWE)

The days following his death opened the floodgates of controversy, with his former friend Bubba The Love Sponge accusing the deceased wrestler’s primary physician of sweeping the matter under a rug in regard to a thorough investigation of his demise. Ric Flair recently offered his two cents on Sterling Golden’s cause of death.

‘The Dirtiest Player in The Game’ told the DOUBL3 COVERAGE that street drugs were responsible for the tragedy. Flair underscored that Hogan’s body got accustomed to them, and he would be in agony when the doctor prescribed against it. Realizing that his comments have been blown out of proportion since coming into the public domain, ‘The Nature Boy’ issued a social media post to elaborate on his stance.

Ric Flair affirmed that Hogan went through 11 back surgeries and replacements in his hip, knee, and shoulders. On top of them, Terry Bollea also underwent a couple of neck surgeries. Flair said the drugs that were given to him were prescribed by the doctors to help Hogan live through the pain. The 76-year-old alluded to The Hulkster’s body giving up after a certain period of time with the heavy intake of pain-relieving drugs.

He went on to call Hogan a friend and someone whom he respected. Flair said he’d made those aforementioned claims based on what had been reported or through what he knew as a fact from some of the family members.

At last, ‘Naitch’ hailed Hogan as one of the two biggest names in wrestling history, the other one being Steve Austin. Flair also apologized to anyone and everyone who misunderstood his statements concerning The Hulkster’s passing.

Also Read: