Stefon Diggs Enters Not Guilty Plea in Assault Case
Stefon Diggs appeared before the court on Friday and pleaded not guilty to an assault charge which was brought against him last December.
Stefon Diggs (Image via IMAGO)
- Stefon Diggs pleaded not guilty to assaulting his personal chef in Dedham District Court.
- His legal team claims the allegations are false and expects full exoneration.
- Diggs has two years left on his contract with the Patriots amid speculation about his future with the team.
Stefon Diggs has faced numerous challenges in the past few days. The Patriots’ wide receiver played in the biggest game of his life, broke up with Cardi B, and more recently pleaded not guilty to the alleged assault of his personal chef.
On Friday, Diggs appeared before the judge in Dedham District Court for roughly a minute while his attorney presented his defense. Then the 32-year-old pleaded not guilty to the charges brought against him.
After the hearing, Mitchell Schuster, a member of Diggs’ legal team, stated that the allegations against his client are false and expressed confidence that a thorough review of the case will lead to Diggs being completely exonerated.
#Patriots: Stefon Diggs leaves Norfolk County District court after pleading not guilty to assaulting his personal chef.
— Ryan Medeiros (@RRyanmedeiros) February 13, 2026
He was ordered no contact with the victim and was released on personal recognizance.
His next appearance is scheduled for April 1 (pre-trial hearing). @NBC10 pic.twitter.com/RTZOF5OYNT
Last December, Diggs’ chef accused the All-Pro wideout of assault over a pay dispute. According to her testimony, Diggs entered her bedroom without permission and slapped and choked her before leaving. She reported to the police nearly two weeks after the incident took place on December 16. However, she did not present any evidence of being attacked aside from a redness on her upper chest.
The hearing was due on January 13. However, the court allowed a reschedule since Diggs and the Patriots had a legitimate shot at making it to the Super Bowl. New England took down Denver in the conference title game to set up a showdown against Seattle at Levi’s Stadium in San Francisco. The Patriots lost the tie and blew a chance to add to their six rings.
During the Super Bowl, Diggs broke up with rapper Cardi B. According to sources, Cardi ended their relationship after she saw one of Diggs’ ex-girlfriend’s receiving VIP treatment. Diggs and Cardi welcomed a baby boy last year.
Drake Maye makes his stance clear about Stefon Diggs’ future with the Patriots
Mike Vrabel brought Diggs in to give his second year quarterback a veteran target man with tons of experience under his belt. Diggs’ previous stints with Josh Allen in Buffalo and CJ Stroud in Houston played a big role in convincing Vrabel that he was the right man to unlock Maye’s full potential.

It turned out to be the right move by the Patriots. Diggs caught 85 passes for 1013 yards and scored 4 touchdowns on 102 targets. Maye became the first Patriots quarterback since Tom Brady to throw for 4000+ yards. The UNC graduate completed 354 passes (72.0%) for 4394 yards and 31 touchdowns.
Despite a great regular season, the Patriots failed to finish the job as the Seahawks picked them apart in the final game. Seattle won 29-13.
Diggs has two more years left on his contract, but there’s doubt whether the Patriots will rely on him or turn to a younger receiver. That said, Maye wants the Pro Bowler to return in 2026.
I can’t say enough about what he’s [Stefon Diggs has] done for us, what he’s done for this team and what he’s proved to himself. I think I saw him say something about that, proving to himself the player he is and how he can still be a big-time player in this league, and he showcased that. He’s got a lot of juice left in the tank, and he told me the other day he’s got a chance to really work on his craft in the offseason.
Drake Maye said (H/T: MassLive)
Diggs too wants to continue playing for the New England organization. Right after the loss on Sunday, Diggs said, “Oh (expletive). Unless they opt out of the contract. I anticipate being here.” Only time will tell if the Patriots decide to honor his request.
Also Read:
- Maxx Crosby Sends Clear Message on Raiders Trade Rumors
- Joe Judge’s Bizarre ‘Football Before Family’ Comment Leaves Lane Kiffin & Fans Cringing – “A Sad, Sad Statement”