Toni Nadal gives a big update on Rafael Nadal’s return from injury

Toni Nadal and Rafael Nadal
Rafael Nadal is on track to play in the Madrid Open, according to his former coach and uncle Toni Nadal, who says he still has ample time to rehabilitate.
Nadal suffered a rib stress fracture at the Indian Wells, after a record-breaking start to the 2022 season that saw him win his 21st Grand Slam on the back of hoisting the Australian Open trophy and open the season with a 20-0 record. He revealed that he will be out of action for four to six weeks after losing in the final against Taylor Fritz, despite great expectations that he would return in time to compete in the Barcelona Open.
He was unable to defend his title in Barcelona, but he provided a progress update on Monday, revealing that he had resumed training. “Today’s first gentle workout after four weeks without stepping on a tennis court. What excitement to step onto clay again!” said the 21-time Grand Slam champion on stepping into the court after four weeks.
He intends to play in Madrid: Toni Nadal on Rafa’s comeback

Nadal has won five titles in Madrid, the most recent of which he won in 2017 when he defeated Dominic Thiem in the final. Last year, he was eliminated in the quarter-finals by eventual champion Alexander Zverev. World No. 1 Novak Djokovic, reigning champion Alexander Zverev, Stefanos Tsitsipas, and emerging Spanish talent Carlos Alcaraz are all slated to compete in this year’s Madrid Open.
Regarding 2022, this is what Toni Nadal had to say, “Rafa told me that he intends to play in Madrid, but we will see,” “Monday he started training and he still has two weeks left to see how everything evolves. If he arrives in good condition, he will play.”
Rafa will be waiting to play the French Open as if he wins the tournament, he’ll get to a record 14th Roland Garros title and will create history and magic once more.
Also Read: In a surprising move, Andy Murray accepts the wildcard for the Madrid Masters