The fastest man on Earth, Usain Bolt needs no introduction owing to his magnanimous athletics career. The mighty Jamaican has won as many as eight Olympic gold medals apart from numerous medals at the various editions of the World Championships and other global events.
Bolt has been an inspiration for many upcoming young athletes or anybody who’s looking for some motivation in life. The Sherwood Content-born is the perfect example of an athlete full of sheer passion, determination and hard work towards the game.
One of the most decorated Olympians had also shared plenty of life lessons and quotes from his personal life before drawing curtains to his stellar after the Rio Games in 2016. Let’s look at some of the top Usain Bolt quotes which will keep you inspired even in the toughest of times.
Best Quotes by Usain St. Leo Bolt to keep you inspired in toughest of times
Here are some of the most inspiring quotes by the ‘Lightning Bolt’:
- Manners is the key thing. Say, for instance, when you’re growing up, you’re walking down the street, you’ve got to tell everybody good morning. Everybody. You can’t pass one person.
- I’ve learned over the years that if you start thinking about the race, it stresses you out a little bit. I just try to relax and think about video games, what I’m gonna do after the race, what I’m gonna do just to chill. Stuff like that to relax a little before the race.
- When I was younger, I always wanted to impress, to be good for my country, to make them feel good, and sometimes that meant I didn’t focus on myself enough. I learned I had to put myself first. And it’s fine because I want for me the same thing that they want for me, which is to win.
- People always say I’m a legend, but I’m not. Not until I’ve defended my Olympic titles. That’s when I’ve decided I’ll be a legend.
- I have just accepted certain things and it makes it easier. I accept I will get injured. I accept I cannot win every race. I work hard to decrease the chances of those things happening but I accept they will happen. A lot of people don’t accept it. They get injured, they go crazy.