Finn Balor Snaps Embarrassing Streak Ahead of Massive World Title Showdown with CM Punk
Finn Balor has finally won a match in WWE after over 5 months. However, it came at a live event this past weekend.
Finn Balor [via- WrestlingInc]
Finn Balor will challenge CM Punk for the World Heavyweight title on February 28 at the Elimination Chamber PLE in Chicago. ‘The Prince’ has started to build some much-needed momentum toward what could be a career-altering night for the Irishman on the Road to WrestleMania 42. Having said that, the Judgment Day member has won his first match since last September.
Balor defeated Je’Von Evans at a live event in Lubbock, Texas, this past weekend. Quite notably, the former Bullet Club leader kept his original entrance music instead of reverting back to the one he’s been using as part of the Judgment Day. It has rekindled hope among fans that WWE definitely has plans to officially turn ‘The Irish Captor’ a babyface in the near future.
Finn Balor won his first match since September last night at a WWE live event.
— Wrestle Features (@WrestleFeatures) February 15, 2026
Balor defeated Je’Von Evans.
Congrats. pic.twitter.com/5U6aFiOq8o
The 44-year-old’s quest for resurgence began three weeks ago when he pushed CM Punk to the limits on his home turf of Belfast. Balor came agonizingly close to upsetting the ‘Best in the World’ but couldn’t quite get it done. ‘The Second City Saint’ embraced his opponent afterwards as a sign of respect for ‘The Prince’.
A week later, Punk asked Balor how he wanted his legacy to be and said that in order for him to win a world title in 2026, he needed to ditch the Judgment Day for good. Later that night, Finn Balor crashed the main event match between CM Punk and AJ Styles, causing it to end in a disqualification.
The inaugural Universal Champion brutally attacked the former AEW star and landed a trifecta of Coup de Graces on him to stand tall and reaffirm his intentions. On last week’s Raw, Balor interrupted Michael Cole just when he was about to interview Punk. The 6-time WWE tag team champion stated that he knew Punk was hurt and wouldn’t let Roman Reigns simply take advantage of his kill.
IT IS OFFICIAL ✅@CMPunk vs @FinnBalor for the World Heavyweight Championship at Elimination Chamber! pic.twitter.com/bF2SF46AwZ
— WWE (@WWE) February 10, 2026
Balor’s demand for a rematch against Punk was quickly shot down by Adam Pearce, who didn’t want to jeopardize Reigns vs. Punk at WrestleMania. But after CM Punk made his way out with vengeance on his mind, he vented on Balor for timidly ambushing him during his title defense against Styles.
‘The Voice of the Voiceless’ ultimately agreed to bestow a title shot on ‘The Prince’ after the latter declared that he wouldn’t fight the 47-year-old with nothing on the line. While Punk was ready to go then and there in Cleveland only, Balor wanted to have it in Punk’s backyard of Chicago, and Pearce ultimately made the match official for Elimination Chamber.
JD McDonagh takes a subtle jab at Finn Balor amid WWE hiatus
It seems the Finn Balor face turn is near. ‘The Prince’ recently posted that picture from Raw in Belfast where CM Punk hugged him after their incredible match. “What do you notice?” asked Balor in the caption.
The champ didn’t take long to respond and said, “I have the belt.” But that’s not what caught everyone’s attention at first. In fact, what actually did was JD McDonagh‘s one-liner, which screamed as if he was aiming a dig at his Judgment Day stablemate.

‘The Irish Ace’ said, “Weakness.” Is McDonagh trying to say that Balor is showing signs of weakness with the way he has conducted himself of late? At least the fans think so. Last Monday on Raw, Dominik Mysterio checked on Finn Balor in their clubhouse. ‘Dirty Dom’ said he knew that the Irish wrestler was bummed about losing to Punk a few weeks ago.
Look what CM Punk commented. Him and JD going back and forth lmaooo 😭 https://t.co/6NnbYaL5VT pic.twitter.com/V4OMpUkElM
— Seth Joseph (@SethJoseph95) February 15, 2026
The IC Champion, however, told the veteran star that McDonagh would be back soon, and they could then focus on regaining the world tag team titles. Balor stood up and firmly resisted the idea by telling Mysterio that he wasn’t done chasing Punk and the World Heavyweight Championship.
‘The Prince’ added that he was tired of being treated like an afterthought before giving a disgusted look to ‘Dom’ and saying he thought Judgment Day was his family.
An upset Balor exited the scene in a clear sign of cracks continuing to widen in the faction. The fans are predicting that the Judgment Day will soon expel Balor from the group, and it’ll allow the former Intercontinental Champion to embark on a full-fledged singles run.
There are heavy rumors of Mysterio being the one to face Balor at this year’s WrestleMania, with the IC title up for grabs. Could it also lead to the awakening of the “Demon” along the way? Time will tell.
Also Read:
- MJF Calls Out “Weird” WWE Fan Mentality for Refusing to Tune into AEW Shows
- Logan Paul Claims 99% of the NFL Athletes Would Fail in WWE Amid Ongoing Spat with Tom Brady