“I was falsely accused of assault,” Antony breaks silence on domestic abuse allegations by ex-girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin

The Manchester United star calls himself innocent on social media.


“I was falsely accused of assault,” Antony breaks silence on domestic abuse allegations by ex-girlfriend Gabriela Cavallin

Antony and Gabriela (credits- Goal)

Brazilian player Antony from Manchester United opened up on Wednesday for the first time since his ex-girlfriend accused him of domestic abuse and threatening behaviour. DJ and influencer Gabriela Cavallin reported the incident to the Brazilian police earlier this month. She had accused the 23-year-old winger of ‘domestic violence, threat, and bodily injury.’

ADVERTISEMENT

In a televised appearance with Record TV, she made more accusations. She claimed that she had trouble breathing when “he held me by both arms, threw me on the bed, and fell on top of me.” Cavallin said she required stitches in the inside of her breast. Additionally, she said Antony prevented her from leaving their house.

On his Instagram account, the footballer has since reacted, claiming that he was “falsely accused” and that he has been “suffering in silence.” He wrote, “For you, after submitting my statement at the police station where the investigation involving my name is being conducted, I wanted to speak publicly for the first time since I was falsely accused of assault.”

“I stayed silent until this moment so that nothing could interfere with the investigation process, but during all these days my family and I suffered in silence. Despite being born and raised in a very needy community, I have never been through a situation similar to this, in which a false assault charge resulted in a preliminary and unfair public judgement on the part of some. After the closure of the investigation, my innocence will certainly be proven and justice will prevail. The damage initially caused to my image will be in the past. Thank you for the countless messages of support received at this very difficult time.” Antony further added in his response.

ADVERTISEMENT

In case you missed it: “Calm down you m*nk*y; Don’t like Spurs”- James Maddison deletes old tweets slamming Tottenham and Gareth Bale after move to Lilywhites

Antony’s teammate describes National team-mate as a striking choice for Manchester United

goncalo and bruno
Ramos and Fernandes for Portugal (Credits-Gettyimages)

This summer, Goncalo Ramos can help Manchester United fulfil their need for a good centre-forward, according to Bruno Fernandes. After he scored a hat-trick for Portugal in the World Cup last year, the Benfica forward first made headlines. United has been keeping an eye on the forward.

The other strikers on the radar are Harry Kane, Victor Osimhen, Rasmus Hojlund, and Randal Kolo-Muani. Rui Costa, the president of Benefica, has set the asking price for Ramos, 22, at €80 million. After dropping out of the running for Kane and Osimhen, United is reportedly pursuing Ramos.

“I think he has all the qualities to play in the Premier League, and when I say Premier League, I also mean Manchester United. “Goncalo has all the conditions to play in the Premier League. He is very intense, presses very well and is very good inside the area. He surprised me in the national team, not only me but the rest of my teammates. He’s physically strong, he’s still young and he’s going to get better. If he continues to work as he has been doing, I think he has the potential to be one of the best strikers in the world, but he needs to go to a more competitive league to prove it”. said Bruno Fernandes, praising the forward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Related: Cristiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi? French President Emmanuel Macron picks his GOAT of football

Cristiano Ronaldo’s partner Georgina Rodriguez becomes the most followed football WAG on Instagram, reaches 50M followers