Former Manchester City player Benjamin Mendy breaks down into tears after court lifts off all charges of r*pe and s**al assualt against him

Benjamin Mendy is now a free man after jury announced the verdict in his favor.


Former Manchester City player Benjamin Mendy breaks down into tears after court lifts off all charges of r*pe and s**al assualt against him

Benjamin Mendy is a free man now (Image Via- Getty Images)

Former Manchester City star Benjamin Mendy was seen weeping his tears after he was released from the charges of rape and assault on Friday. The French defender was earlier accused of carrying out sexual assaults on two women at his luxurious mansion.

ADVERTISEMENT

An emotional Mendy was seen today as he wept and reportedly said, Praise be to God.” The Frenchman was cleared of the accusations after three hours of deliberation at the Chester Crown Court by a jury this afternoon.

The player was then seen to get emotional and broke into tears in the dock. He then said he was ‘delighted’ as he was not found guilty of the charges that were falsely thrown at him. Mendy reportedly faced a retrial on one count of rape and one count of attempted rape which allegedly took place during lockdown-busting parties. The player is now a free man. Mendy was also earlier cleared of six counts of rape and one count of sexual assault accusations against him during a court case in January.

The French left-back is currently without a club after his Manchester City contract expired at the end of June. The defender played his last game for Pep Guardiola‘s side back in August 2021.

ADVERTISEMENT

In case you missed: Gerard Pique’s ex Shakira spotted dining with NBA star Jimmy Butler days after partying with Lewis Hamilton: Reports

Benjamin Mendy’s former club Manchester City highly interested to sign the French defender for Walker’s replacement

Man City Interested to sign Pavard
Benjamin Pavard (Image Via- Getty Images)

Manchester City is very interested to sign the French defender Benjamin Pavard. This is following the Man City defender Kyle Walker reportedly agreed verbal terms with Bayern for a possible move this summer.

According to journalist Fabrizio Romano, Man City has now reportedly made Pavard their top priority to sign this summer. The club is trying to find a replacement for Kyle Walker as soon as possible.

The English defender has been a pivotal player in Guardiola’s squad for quite some time now. He has cemented his place at the current UCL Champion’s regular squad. Bayer Munich earlier this year made their interest clear about signing the defender.

ADVERTISEMENT

Walker’s contract with Manchester City is set to expire on June 30, 2024. But there have still not been any concrete talks between the club and the player’s side over a possible extension to his contract.

In case you missed it :