Jannik Sinner breaks silence on Novak Djokovic’s withdrawal from the ATP Finals in Turun

Jannik Sinner has stated that Novak Djokovic will be missed by everyone at the ATP Finals after the Serbian withdrew from the event.


Jannik Sinner breaks silence on Novak Djokovic’s withdrawal from the ATP Finals in Turun

Novak Djokovic and Jannik Sinner (Via Imago)

Novak Djokovic withdrew from the Nitto ATP Finals in Turin despite being in a position to qualify for the event. The Serbian made the announcement on Tuesday (November 5), which sent shockwaves through the tennis world.

This season, Djokovic has featured in fewer tournaments than other players in the Top 10 of the ATP rankings. In fact, his last two tournaments were the US Open in August and Shanghai Masters in October.

YouTube video

Despite failing to match his last year’s excellent record, fans were expecting the former World No. 1 to end the season with a title at the ATP Finals. However, Djokovic is missing the event for the first time since 2017.

Last year, he defeated Jannik Sinner in the final to claim the title for the seventh time in his career. At a Lavazza event ahead of the ATP Finals, Sinner stated that Djokovic would be missed by everyone at the event.

We are very sorry that he is not here but this is sport, it happens that a player misses tournaments. The season has been long and in any case here there are eight great players, we hope it will be a great tournament. Nole will be missed by everyone.

Jannik Sinner said (via Tennis365)

Djokovic is set to end the year without winning a tour-level title. However, he did manage to claim the elusive Olympic gold medal in Paris after defeating Carlos Alcaraz in the final.

Jannik Sinner worried of the other seven players ahead of the WTA Finals

Jannik Sinner is poised to headline the ATP Finals after Novak Djokovic withdrew due to an unspecified injury. The Italian and Carlos Alcaraz are the favorites to win the title at a tournament that will be without any member of the Big Three for the first time in 23 years.

Jannik Sinner
Jannik Sinner (via X)

Both players have been at their best this season, splitting the year’s Grand Slam titles with two apiece. However, Sinner is not only worried about what the Spaniard can bring onto the court but also about the other six players who are in contention.

Difficult question, they are the eight best of this season, honestly all of them.


Jannik Sinner said via Tennis365

The other players who are competing at the event are Alexander Zverev, Daniil Medvedev, Taylor Fritz, Casper Ruud, Alex de Minaur, and Andrey Rublev. The tournament will get underway on November 10, with the draw for the round-robin stage scheduled for Thursday (November 7).