“I’m innocent,” Jannik Sinner hits back at Nick Kyrgios’ constant attacks amidst three-month doping suspension
Nick Kyrgios has constantly attacked Jannik Sinner on his X account and also called out the doping systems on the tennis circuit.

Jannik Sinner and Nick Kyrgios (via X)
World No. 1 Jannik Sinner has given a fitting response to Nick Kyrgios and his constant attacks on the Italian. The Australian tennis star has been targeting Sinner ever since the doping scandal came to light in August 2024.
Kyrgios has used the power of social media (X) to create a negative narrative against Sinner. However, the Italian has broken his silence on the repeated attacks and has declared himself “innocent.”
I don’t know what to say because I don’t know what could happen. I’m certain of how things happened, I’m innocent (…) What I want to do is play tennis and be very calm, that’s the end of it. I’m sure everything will be fine, even if maybe at first it will take me a while to get going again.
Jannik Sinner said on Sky Italia
Sinner is currently serving a three-month suspension from the ATP Tour due to the doping verdict issued against him. However, the verdict was not welcomed by many, including Kyrgios, who believes the World No. 1 should have received a longer ban.
A recent comparison has been made to Simona Halep, who was banned for more than two years for a similar case. Sinner tested positive for clostebol twice in March last year, which led to the loss of ranking points and prize money from Indian Wells, where he tested positive.
Jannik Sinner looks forward to Rome return
World No.1 Jannik Sinner has spoken for the first time since agreeing to a three-month ban from tennis. He said he feels rested now, but he knows coming back will be tough. The Italian star last played at the Australian Open, where he won the title and dropped only two sets.

I’m very well, I rested and I’m happy. I would have done many different things, obviously, if I could have chosen, I would have played tennis, but I’m fine, and I’m not even thinking about it too much at the moment. After we took this decision, it took me a while to find myself again. But I am still here. There is still a bit of time to digest all this, but I can’t wait to be back in Rome. It’s a special tournament for me, even though it will also very tough. I’ll be back in a moment in which there will be already a lot of attention on me, and in Rome it’s not easy.
Jannik Sinner added
The past eight months have been hard for him. In March 2024, he failed two drug tests. The tennis integrity agency cleared him of any blame. But WADA later challenged that decision in September. After winning in Melbourne again, Sinner made a deal with WADA. He accepted a three-month suspension. In return, WADA agreed not to take the case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.
Sinner has never gone past the quarter-finals at the Rome Masters. He missed the event last year with a hip injury. Now, he is looking forward to playing at Roland Garros in June. He said he misses the game and is counting the days to return.
Carlos Alcaraz faces setback closing in on Jannik Sinner’s World No.1 ranking
Carlos Alcaraz is set to travel to Monaco on Saturday to begin his 2025 clay court season. He will start at the Monte-Carlo Masters. The draw was made, and Alcaraz faces a very tough path in the tournament.

Since he missed Monte-Carlo and Barcelona last year due to injury, he now has a chance to gain big ranking points. These events offer up to 1,500 points. Alcaraz, the second seed, will want to make a strong start on clay.
If Francisco Cerundolo wins his first match against Fabio Fognini, he will face Alcaraz in the second round. Cerundolo is very strong on clay and has been playing well lately. He beat top players like Tommy Paul and Casper Ruud in Miami and gave Alcaraz a hard match at Indian Wells.
If Alcaraz gets past Cerundolo, he could meet Matteo Arnaldi next. Arnaldi has also tested him before. Casper Ruud is another possible threat in his side of the draw. Alcaraz will be hoping to improve after a poor Miami Open last month.