The All-Star games was a very exciting one to have witnessed as it consisted of a bunch of new faces including a whole group of first-time All-Stars like Jarrett Allen, LaMelo Ball, Darius Garland, and Andrew Wiggins who luckily became a starter as well. The game was filled with massive performances by Stephen Curry, Joel Embiid, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and even Devin Booker who scored a fair sum on offense as it was his third selection. This All-Star weekend will go down in history as one of the most dominant games ever, because of Curry.
LeBron James had been elected as team captain for the fifth time in hopes of going undefeated. Kevin Durant led the Eastern Conference in votes landing him the role of captain but had to sit out due to personal reasons. However, the games went on as well as they could go and LeBron took the trophy home once again going 5-0 and calling himself the “Floyd Mayweather” of the All-Star Games. During the introductory ceremony, the MVPs LBJ, Curry, DeMar DeRozan, Nikola Jokic, and the Greek Freak shared a moment together backstage.
LeBron James compiles a stacked up roster for the All-Star Game
The King had a very clear idea of whom he wanted to share the court with on his team. Of course, the history between all five of the Western Conference starters is simply just amazing. A combination of 9 total MVP awards and a possible newcomer if DeMar wins. Here were the players whom Bron selected,
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (29.4 Pts, 11.6 Reb, 6 Ast, 54.3% FG)
- Stephen Curry (25.7 Pts, 5.3 Reb, 6.5 Ast, 42.9% FG)
- DeMar DeRozan (28.1 Pts, 5.3 Reb, 5.1 Ast, 51.2% FG)
- LeBron James (C) (28.8 Pts, 8 Reb, 6.2 Ast, 51.9% FG)
- Nikola Jokic (25.4 Pts, 13.8 Reb, 7.9 Ast, 56.7% FG)
- Jarret Allen (16.3 Pts, 10.9 Reb, 67.7%FG)
- Jimmy Butler (21.4 Pts, 6.2 Reb, 5.7 Ast, 47% FG)
- Luka Doncic (27.8 Pts, 9.2 Reb, 8.8 Ast, 45% FG)
- Darius Garland (20.7 Pts, 3.3 Reb, 8.1 Ast, 47.9% FG)
- James Harden (22.5 Pts, 8 Reb, 10.2 Ast, 41.4% FG)
- Donovan Mitchell (25.9 Pts, 4 Reb, 5.2 Ast, 45.5% FG)
- Chris Paul (14.9 Pts, 4.5 Reb, 10.7 Ast, 48.7% FG)
- Fred VanVleet (21.4 Pts, 4.5 Reb, 6.9 Ast, 41.5% FG)
Team LeBron vs Team Durant Game Recap
Kevin Durant’s looked fresh, young, and very much talented as Joel Embiid led the team with 36 points, 10 rebounds, and 4 assists shooting 14 of 20 attempts from the field. Devin Booker had a fairly decent third All-Star Game after scoring 20 points with 5 rebounds and 2 assists shooting 9 of 18 attempts. The reserves of the team had played very well coming off the bench. They shot a total of 35.6% from the field and 54.1% from three.
For the winners, Stephen Curry had a brilliant shooting night after breaking the record for most threes in an All-Star game with 16 of 27 attempts. Curry only attempted one other field goal finishing the game off 50 points, 5 rebounds, and 2 assists in the game. He went on the win his Kobe Bryant All-Star Game MVP trophy. Giannis had 30 points scored with 12 rebounds as it was just another casual night for him. The highlight of them LeBron James had a decent night scoring 24 points with 6 rebounds and 8 assists.