Former Triple H stable D-Generation X’s member and current Impact Wrestling champion among the surprises WWE is planning for the Royal Rumble: Reports

WWE is already leaning towards packing this year's Royal Rumble with surprises.


Former Triple H stable D-Generation X’s member and current Impact Wrestling champion among the surprises WWE is planning for the Royal Rumble: Reports

X-Pac with the rest of DX [via- WWE]

In two weeks from Saturday, WWE will present its 37th annual Royal Rumble premium live event. Staged to emanate from the Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, this year’s wrestling rendezvous promises to be the one for the ages. With not much time left for the event to unfold, there’s been a massive update on the potential surprise entrants WWE is planning for the respective Royal Rumble matches.

ADVERTISEMENT

As per PWInsider‘s Elite section, former DX member X-Pac, aka Sean Waltman, reigning Impact Knockouts World Champion Trinity fka Naomi, and Liv Morgan are the names tossed around. First, X-Pac, who teased an in-ring return at the onset of the new year in 2022, has been plagued with multiple injuries throughout his career.

However, it appears like he’s finally good to go, and with his former DX stablemate, Triple H, calling the shots, the WWE Universe can actually expect Sean Waltman to pop up. Apart from that, Naomi, who’s expected to finish up with Impact Wrestling by the end of this month, is also being viewed as an option.

Recently, an update from Fightful Select suggested that sources with WWE and Impact expect the 36-year-old to return to her former workplace. But that’s not all. The third and final name in the aforementioned report is Liv Morgan.

ADVERTISEMENT

She’s been out of action since July of last year. Back in December, she had a re-evaluation of her bruised shoulder in Alabama. It seems like Morgan might just recover in time to plot a shocking comeback in the Women’s Royal Rumble match. As the fans know, Liv was recently booked on charges of marijuana possession; however, it did not trouble her a lot.

WWE-targeted prospect Guilia might not appear at the Royal Rumble

As it’s been prime facie, WWE CEO Nick Khan and CCO Triple H are making strides to establish a strong working relationship with NJPW and its subsidiaries. Recently, NXT’s Charlie Dempsey going to compete in AJPW was just the beginning of both companies joining forces.

Guilia might not be able to appear at Royal Rumble
Guilia might not be able to appear at Royal Rumble [via- Wrestling Inc on X]

However, a long-term WWE target and someone who’s being said to be a priority acquisition, Guilia, might not appear at the Royal Rumble. According to Fightful Select, she has told STARDOM officials that she’d not be renewing her contract. Moreover, she recently announced the dissolution of her famed stable, Donna Del Mondo.

Moreover, the Italian-Japanese wrestler is expected to join NXT once her current deal expires in March. A recent belief also evinced that the 29-year-old would undergo extensive classes to get a hold of English before joining WWE, as it’s not her native tongue.

ADVERTISEMENT

In case you missed it: