Canelo Alvarez and Billy Joe Saunders are set to face-off at AT&T Stadium tonight in front of at least 70000 fans in attendance. The fight will be a title-unification bout for Saunders’ WBO super-middleweight title and for Canelo’s WBA (Super), WBC, and The Ring super-middleweight titles.
Both the champions are coming off victories with Saunders beating Martin Murray in December, last year, via unanimous decision, and Canelo making quick work of a helpless Avni Yildrim a couple of months ago.
Title fight: Middleweight
- Canelo Alvarez vs Billy Joe Saunders ‘ 12 rounds ‘ Alvarez WBC and WBA super-middleweight titles and Saunders WBO super middleweight title
Title fight: Flyweight
- Elwin Soto vs Katsunari Takayama ‘ 12 rounds ‘ Soto’s WBO junior flyweight title
- Kieron Conway vs Souleymane Cissokho : Super Welterweight bout
- Frank Sanchez vs Nagy Aguilera : Heavyweight bout
- Marc Castro vs Irving Castillo : Featherweight bout
- Keyshawn Davis vs Jose Antonio Meza : Lightweight bout
- Christian Alan Gomez Duran vs Xavier Wilson : Welterweight bout
- Kelvin Davis vs Jan Marsalek : Welterweight bout
What time is the fight and How to watch?
- Venue: AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas
- Date: Saturday, May 8 EST (Sunday, May 9 IST)
- Undercard timings: 5:20 PM EST (Sunday, 2:50 AM IST)
- Main card timings: 8:00 PM EST (Sunday, 5:30 AM IST)
- Main event time: 11:00 PM EST (Sunday, 8:30 AM IST)
The main card kicks off at 8pm ET/ 1am BST. If the fights conclude as expected, the headline bout between BJS and Canelo will start at around 11pm ET/ 4am BST.
The match will be broadcast on DAZN worldwide in over 200 countries around the world (except Mexico). The viewing requires a subscription. Users can subscribe even now, and get to watch Alvarez vs Saunders as a part of their subscription.
Saunders has the ability to pull off an upset against one of the greatest technical boxers of all time in Canelo Alvarez. But that is something which is easier said than done. Alvarez can evade and elude in the blink of an eye. It is hard to even land a scratch on the Mexican.
Saunders, will be hoping to somehow connect with his powerful punch, as it will be extremely difficult out-striking the wriggly Mexican.
Prediction : Canelo Alvarez via unanimous decision