Fortnite Chapter 4 Season 2 is currently in full bloom and a new update is already on the shores. Fortnite has already launched its recent update, the Fortnite New Update v24.10, after the release of Fortnite season 4. Fortnite’s new update has also increased the amount of XP rewarded by Shared Quests, alongside the new Spring Breakout.
Fortnite is a very popular battle royale game published by Epic Games. It probably has one of the biggest fan bases and player bases in the whole world. Recently, they released the new Fortnite update which takes a turn in the game revolving around Spring Breakout. We take a look at all the cogs for the new Fortnite Update v24.10 and the new features it brings with it.
Related: Fortnite Season 7 Introduces Superman and Rick Sanchez Skins
Fortnite Update V24
In the official blog, it has been informed that the Fortnite New Update 24.10 also pits The Egg Launcher which will also break out of the vault for Spring Breakout. Players need to find Egg Launchers from the ground, Chests, Supply Drops, or for sale from certain Characters. You can also get one from the new Springtime Blowout Reality Augment.
Eight Specialist Characters have dropped on the Island and are ready for hire. There are four different types of Specialists, each one with a different role to play:
- Scout Specialist: Scouts can pick off foes from afar with a Sniper, and can ping nearby enemies and Chests.
- Heavy Specialist: With their explosive inventory, Heavies specializes in making things go BOOM! Heavies can also take more damage than other Specialists.
- Supply Specialist: Supply Specialists drop ammo and mats for you to pick up (Note: Supply Specialists won’t drop mats in Zero Build.)
- Medical Specialist: Hired Medics heal you with Chug Splashes to restore your Health and Shield.
The Collections tab is now called the “Characters” tab and now shows a map displaying the location of all Characters on the Island, both the ones you’ve discovered and the ones you haven’t. Once you discover a Character, you can view their services in the Characters tab along with how many Bars their services cost. Check out the Characters tab by opening the map in a match and navigating to the tab.
In v24.10, a Building Sensitivity setting and Editing Sensitivity setting have been added to Fortnite’s “Mouse and Keyboard” settings. With these new settings, you’re now able to adjust the sensitivity of building or editing structures to your preferred speed.
- Improved the handling turn radius of the Rogue Bike vehicle at higher speeds.
- Note: We’ve been making tweaks to reduce energy usage on PlayStation and Xbox consoles. Frame rate in the Lobby will drop to 30 FPS after a period of inactivity, but will return to 60 FPS whenever you touch the controller or join a match.
- The Spring Breakout chickens and eggs, as well as the Egg Launcher and Springtime Blowout Reality Augment, are not included in competitive playlists.
- Zero Build Cups, Duos Cash Cups, and Victory Cups kick-off throughout this week. Good luck, competitors!
MAJOR BUG FIXES
- Fixed the issue involving players being asked to install Save the World even if they already had it installed.
- Fixed the issue with the Kinetic Blade’s Knockback Slash that prevented the owner from taking fall damage. (Note: The Dash Attack will still prevent fall damage.)
- Fixed an issue that was capping some mobile devices to 60 FPS despite 90 FPS being available.
- The grind rail interaction button no longer has a delay on mobile devices.
- Fixed the issue that caused us to disable ziplines in Party Royale. Ziplines have been re-enabled in Party Royale.
Also read: Fortnite World Cup in 2021: Confirmed or not?