Kolkata Knight Riders spin bowling all-rounder Sunil Narine has been cleared from the warning list by the Indian Premier League’s Bowling Action Committee on Sunday. He was earlier reported for suspected bowling action last week during the match against Kings XI Punjab at Abu Dhabi.
Narine is one of the crucial members of the current KKR squad. His 115 wickets in 116 matches, makes him one of the most successful bowlers in the history of the tournament. His absence in the last two games cost consecutive losses for the Knight Riders. But now his clearance from the Committee will give a massive relief to the franchise ahead of the tournament.
Official confirmation from BCCI
The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) released an official report to share this news to the media. It said that Narine’s current action seems to be well within the range of permissible limits.
“KKR requested for an Official Assessment of Mr Narine’s action from the IPL Suspect Bowling Action Committee, submitting action footage in slow motion with back and side angles. The Committee carefully reviewed all the deliveries of action footage sent of Mr Narine with the naked eye and has come to the conclusion that the elbow-bend appears to be within the range of permissible limits. The Committee also noted that Mr Narine should reproduce the same action going forward in the IPL 2020 matches as presented to the Committee in the video footage,” a press release from BCCI said.
‘Mr Narine has now been removed from the IPL Suspect Action Warning List,’ the report added.
Kolkata Knight Riders team is currently in action against Sunrisers Hyderabad for match 35 of IPL 2020. Narine continues to remain out as skipper Eoin Morgan said that they want to give some more time to Sunil.