Minecraft’s world is beautiful but the players may find it overrun by monsters in every corner. Here is a complete guide to the Minecraft Stray and all its features.
The world of Minecraft has many monsters that the players may need to face in all its three dimensions. Therefore, it is better to be prepared beforehand, for the danger that is yet to come. This guide will put you up to date with every feature comprising the Minecraft Strays.
Here are all the features for the Minecraft Stray.
The Minecraft Stray is a variant of the skeleton mob that are mainly found in frozen, icy or snowy biomes.
Locations and spawns
- Skeletons that are spawned in Snowy Tundra, Snowy Mountains, Ice Spikes, Frozen River, Frozen Ocean and other snowy biomes, have a chance to transform into Strays.
- The Stray cannot spawn from Spawners and are not found in any other biomes.
- There is a 1% chance for a Spider Jockey to be spawned with a Stray riding on top.
- Skeletons can also be transformed using powder snow, if they are trapped inside it for 7 seconds.
Behaviour and Attacks
- Minecraft Stray are similar to Skeletons in their behaviour. They are hostile towards players, snow golems, iron golems and wandering traders.
- They will shoot arrows using a Bow and can inflict upto 5 health damage in Hard mode.
- Minecraft Stray have 20 health points and no armor.
- However, one point of major difference is that they shoot Tipped Arrows that inflict Slowness on the target. This effect lasts for 30 seconds.
- They are also unaffected by powder snow.
Upon death the Minecraft Stray drops:
- 0-2 Bones
- 0-2 Arrows
- 0-1 Arrow of Slowness
- Chance of dropping a Bow
- 5 EXP orbs
Follow our Instagram page for more updates on gaming and esports!