“Daniil Medvedev GOAT of arguing with umpire” Stefanos Tsitsipas takes a dig at the Russian, says ‘Nick Kyrgios is the GOAT of the tweener’


“Daniil Medvedev GOAT of arguing with umpire” Stefanos Tsitsipas takes a dig at the Russian, says ‘Nick Kyrgios is the GOAT of the tweener’

Nick Kyrgios, Daniil Medvedev, Stefanos Tsitsipas

World No. 4 Stefanos Tsitsipas has been off to a decent start in the 2022 season. While he has failed to win any title so far, he has been fairly consistent in reaching the fag end of the tournaments. Having started the season with an elbow surgery in the season break, Stef reached the semi-finals of the 2022 Australian Open and finished as the runner-up at the 2022 Rotterdam Open.

The Greek then played at the 2022 Open 13 in Marseille but lost in the quarter-finals. As he now prepares for his first round match at the 2022 Acapulco Open, Stef gave out some bizarre awards in a recent interview with We are Tennis. Asked to pick the GOAT’s (Greatest of All Time) in various fields, the 23-year old gave some hilarious replies.

ADVERTISEMENT

Nick Kyrgios is the GOAT of the tweener. I have had a few successful ones in practice, where I hit a winner out of a tweener. But unfortunately, I haven’t been able to produce that in a match yet. But one day, I am pretty sure I will,” said Stefanos when asked about who is the best player to play the very difficult shot with the racquet hitting the ball from between the legs of the player with the player’s back at the net.

When asked about the fastest players on the Tour, Stef said, Alex de Minaur is the GOAT of speed. 90% of planet Earth is covered by water, the rest 10% is covered by Alex de Minaur,” praising the 23-year old Australian who has already broken into the Top-20 and has claimed 5 titles so far.

Stefanos Tsitsipas continues his beef with Daniil Medvedev

Stefanos Tsitsipas, Daniil Medvedev
Stefanos Tsitsipas, Daniil Medvedev

Both Daniil Medvedev and Stefanos have argued on the court for years now and have publicly shown their disapproval towards each other. While Medvedev is slightly ahead of the Greek in terms of trophies won, in terms of talent, one might say there is not much to separate the two youngsters.

ADVERTISEMENT

“Daniil Medvedev is the GOAT of arguing with the umpire,” said Stefanos firing shots and giving the subtle hint of not forgetting the rant Medvedev had during the semi-final clash between Stef and Daniil at the 2022 Australian Open when Medvedev called the chair-umpire ‘Stupid and small cat’ and accused Tsitsipas of receiving coaching from his coach and father Apostolos who was later caught by the umpires as well.

Also Read: ‘Spent countless hours convincing’- “TARGETTED” Stefanos Tsitsipas defends his father’s antics after on-field coaching row in defeat against Daniil Medvedev

Was this article helpful?

Thanks for your feedback!