The tweets from Paulo Costa are, to put it mildly, comically bizarre. He confounds his followers as he departs. From time to time, he makes subtle jabs at fighters on the roster, including the business’s president.
Paulo’s Twitter antics are often regarded as highly divisive, with admirers split between those who find them amusing and those who find them offensive. In either case, he receives a response that makes things go well for him because it keeps him in the public eye during his downtime from fighting.
Recently, Costa sent a direct message to a seemingly random person on Facebook using the username Jake Paul. In the text, he stated, “Bro you’re not a real boxer. Nobody will ever consider you one! Keep fighting cans lmao. Douche. That Woodley fight was fixed uh?” He then posted the said screenshot of the chat, here is the said Tweet:
For better context, Unfortunately for Paul, the management of Hasim Rahman Jr. claimed that the suggested weight testing was flawed and purportedly asked for a modification of the previously agreed parameters. This resulted to the cancellation of Paul’s fight with Hasim Rahman Jr.
Paulo Costa believes that a UFC title shot is only two victories away
The UFC’s president, Dana White, first said that Costa couldn’t compete in his next middleweight bout, but he then scheduled Costa vs. Rockhold for July at 185 pounds. The bout scheduled for UFC 278 in August has just been rescheduled for unexplained reasons.
At UFC 278 on August 20, He will make his comeback to the cage against former middleweight champion Luke Rockhold. He feels this is the first of two victories he needs to have one more crack at the 185-pound title.
Recently, he stated, “I did some mistakes, I lost the last two fights, so I need to win this one and look forward. But I believe two wins, I’ll be on line to fight for the belt again.” One can only sit back and see how the cards unfold however the chances of him getting a title shot after two wins seems unreal.