Major names likely to miss WWE’s upcoming spectacular event in Saudi Arabia
WWE might hold back some of their star power for the rumored Saudi Arabia PLE in November.
WWE might be holding back on some top stars for the show in Saudi Arabia [via- Post Wrestling on X]
Reports suggest that WWE will be returning to Saudi Arabia for their next premium live event on November 4. Although the company has yet to make an official announcement regarding it, the scoops are already being circulated everywhere on social media. That being said, the show promises to be yet another spectacle, as has been the standard for these events.
However, there might be some top stars missing from the card. Due to the rumored date falling on Friday, WWE would have to tape that week’s SmackDown on October 27 in Milwaukee. Wrestling Observer Newsletter provided an insight into WWE’s event schedule for the week of the Saudi show. According to it, the promotion will be holding multiple house shows over the weekend in November.
Now, that would automatically pack the schedule for multiple WWE stars, including some of the top guys. “It looks like they’ll be doing two SmackDowns in Milwaukee, but some top talent won’t be going to Saudi Arabia, as in the past they have not run house shows on the weekend of a Saudi show,” said Meltzer on WON.
No names were mentioned in the newsletter, but it is said that major names will be missing the spectacular event. It might possibly include top-tier superstars in the promotion. However, the show will still be stacked with some marquee matches, as has been the tradition over the years.
Last year’s Crown Jewel event in November was headlined by Roman Reigns defending his Undisputed Title against Logan Paul. In a gripping contest, Reigns retained after hitting The Maverick with a spear. Jake Paul, too, made a cameo appearance during the bout.
Is WWE planning LA Knight vs. Roman Reigns for the Saudi show?
The question is who will get a main event spot this time around in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia? Well, in recent times, WWE has kicked off a mini-spark between LA Knight and The Bloodline’s Paul Heyman. They even had a rough backstage confrontation a few weeks ago.
That leads Dave Meltzer to believe that WWE is grooming The Megastar for a title opportunity against The Tribal Chief ‘in not too distant future’. On paper, Reigns vs. Knight looks like a pretty straightforward money match. Also, with AJ Styles’ recent altercations with The Bloodline, The Phenomenal One is totally out of action.
There’s no timeframe for his return to WWE television. That might move Knight up in contention to challenge Reigns in Saudi Arabia for the gold. But before that, the former Eli Drake will team up with John Cena to take on Solo Sikoa and Jimmy Uso at Fastlane. LA Knight made a triumphant return on last night’s SmackDown, saving John Cena from yet another beatdown from Sikoa and Jimmy.
In case you missed it:
- WATCH: Jimmy Uso gets slapped by 34-year-old female star on SmackDown as Solo Sikoa watches in disbelief
- “She was my first match in NXT,” Charlotte Flair reacts for the first time after defeating Bayley to qualify for WWE Women’s Championship match at Fastlane