IPL 2020 has been a season of records. Adding another one is the Bairstow-Warner pair who became the 5th pair to cross a 100-run partnership 5 or more times in the Indian Premier League.
With this achievement to their name, we look at the top 5 pairs to cross a 100-run partnership (at least 5 times) in IPL history.
5. David Warner and Johnny Bairstow (SRH) – 5(16 innings)
The duo of David Warner and Johnny Bairstow became the 5th pair after they achieved this feat against KXIP. The duo has been ruthless when it comes to dominating the opposition. The Ashes rivals have crossed the 100-run mark 5 times together in 16 innings. Last year, they also became the first pair to make three consecutive 100-run partnerships.
4. Gautam Gambhir and Robin Uthappa (KKR)- 5(50 innings)
Any IPL fan can remember what happened with KKR in 2014. They won the trophy that year by winning their last 7 games on the trot and the major reason behind their 2nd IPL triumph was the opening pair of Gautam Gambhir and Robin Uthappa. They were playing a major part in those games.
The duo has stitched 5-century stands in 50 innings to take the fourth spot.
3. David Warner and Shikhar Dhawan (SRH)- 6 (50 innings)
David Warner and Shikhar Dhawan played a crucial role in Sunrisers Hyderabad IPL triumph in 2016, when SRH bagged their maiden IPL trophy.
The duo notched up century stands 6 times in 50 innings.
2. Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers (RCB)- 10 (72 innings)
The rock-solid pair of Virat Kohli and AB De Villiers takes the second spot as they have been very consistent with their partnerships.
RCB depends a lot more on this pair to win them matches. The Virat-AB duo has crossed the 100 figure mark 9 times in 71 innings total that they played which include two 200 hundred partnerships that came in the year 2015 and 2016.
1. Virat Kohli and Chris Gayle (RCB) – 9 (59 innings)
Another hit pair of RCB, Virat Kohli and Chris Gayle occupies the top spot in the list with 9 100+ runs partnerships in 59 innings. The duo has been the main asset of RCB over the years and have won many matches for RCB single-handedly.
The deadly combination of stroke play and six-hitting has been a treat to watch for RCB fans.
Here is the list of the best batting pairs in IPL:
- 1. Virat Kohli and Chris Gayle (RCB) – 9 (59 innings)
- 2. Virat Kohli and AB de Villiers (RCB)- 9 (71 innings)
- 3. David Warner and Shikhar Dhawan (SRH)- 6 (50 innings)
- 4. Gautam Gambhir and Robin Uthappa (KKR)- 5(50 innings)
- 5. David Warner and Johnny Bairstow (SRH) – 5(16 innings)